So... what do you like about Halo 4?

#1frankmarlowePosted 12/3/2012 7:27:41 PM
I see so many posts complaining about what they don't like, for once I'd like to see some people talk about what they DO like in this iteration. For me, I like how the starter weapons feel more balanced this time around and that you can start with whatever suits your playstyle. You're not forced to use the same thing over and over.

What about you guys? What are some of the things you like about Halo this time? :)
---
Opinions are as common as dog turds, and about as valuable.
#2SunDevil77Posted 12/3/2012 7:28:55 PM
Everything.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#3JinteisamaPosted 12/3/2012 7:31:28 PM
I like the armor I guess...
---
http://i.imgur.com/kYq0k.png
#4I have no namePosted 12/3/2012 7:33:47 PM(edited)
frankmarlowe posted...
I see so many posts complaining about what they don't like, for once I'd like to see some people talk about what they DO like in this iteration. For me, I like how the starter weapons feel more balanced this time around and that you can start with whatever suits your playstyle. You're not forced to use the same thing over and over.

What about you guys? What are some of the things you like about Halo this time? :)

Not a good start when the very first good thing you list isn't true. The DMR is better than every other precision weapon in every way: kill times, auto-aim, reload time, possible kills per magazine. it's #1 in every single category and you're handicapping yourself if you don't use it.

That being said I do like the idea of loadouts and all the changes made to CTF and Grifball, now if only we could get a real BTB and a Grifball playlist...
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"
#5Noke0Posted 12/3/2012 7:34:10 PM
It's better than the bland Halo Reach. Jetpacks galore.

I enjoy the Battle Rifle, I don't mind that it takes more shots than the DMR.

Leveling System is good, i'd rather have it back to being able to lose levels.

Ghost is a lot of fun in this game.

Everyone falls for the hologram. A little OP, I guess.

Pretty much sums it up for online multiplayer, I'm just happy it is not as bad as Halo Reach.
---
A savior, the worlds kindest Gfaqs user.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64563643
#6BurnsDepartmentPosted 12/3/2012 7:43:00 PM
I have no name posted...
frankmarlowe posted...

Not a good start when the very first good thing you list isn't true. The DMR is better than every other precision weapon in every way: kill times, auto-aim, reload time, possible kills per magazine. it's #1 in every single category and you're handicapping yourself if you don't use it.

That being said I do like the idea of loadouts and all the changes made to CTF and Grifball, now if only we could get a real BTB and a Grifball playlist...

To be fair, CQB weapons kill faster, but they're woefully short-ranged and disadvantaged in all other ways, so the DMR is still far better.

On topic; I like the assassinations, particularly how none are recycled from Reach. I like the rebalanced armour abilities, for the most part, and how they synergize with teamwork.
I like the new medals, like Distraction and Flag Driver, and I like the new weapons. I also like the changes to KotH, Oddball and CTF; I actually find Oddball and CTF fun now, which varies my game much more.

I particularly like the new armour. Even if much of it isn't to my taste, I absolutely adore the stuff that is. Being able to make a graceful-limbed but otherwise gargoyle-ish figure with the Wetwork helmet, Recon body and Contoured legs reminds me of the old Timesplitters 2 days, with all the ridiculously cool and original characters you could use.
#7frankmarlowe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:43:11 PM
I have no name posted...
The DMR is better than every other precision weapon in every way: kill times, auto-aim, reload time, possible kills per magazine. it's #1 in every single category and you're handicapping yourself if you don't use it.

I will agree and disagree with you on that. It is the superior choice in terms of versatility and on some maps, it's practically a requirement. Like if you're on something like Big Team? Yeah, you'd be an idiot not to. But things like 4v4? I consistently go positive with weapons that aren't the DMR. I just never engage targets where I'd be at a disadvantage for not having something similar. I think 1/3 of it is the map you're on, and the other 2/3 are weapon choice and player skill.
---
Opinions are as common as dog turds, and about as valuable.
#8ODommPosted 12/3/2012 7:49:53 PM
Multiplayer is great. I feel like they balanced the ordinance as best as it can be balanced. Maps are fantastic, I already bought a season pass. (This coming from someone who didn't buy any maps in Reach. Loadouts give great customization options (although DMR needs to be toned down just a bit, and from time to time I do miss classic Halo: AR starts, weapons on map, etc. but the good outweighs the bad)

Forge is capitalized upon with the new additions and tweaks. It is, functionally, the best Forge to date even if they don't have fine tuning. I've already made a couple maps and am gonna release a map pack soon.

Campaign is pretty good and reminiscent of Halo 1. 1st stage is on a UNSC Frigate fighting off the Covenant and upon landing on Requiem you are filled with the curiosity you experienced when you landed on the Halo in H1. Also, dat walking through the tunnel to the light sequence with the sound faders is absolutely beautiful. PLUS, the campaign is made by a few Retro Studios members (Metroid Prime) and they really made the new enemies amazing. The atmosphere overall is great. While the Campaign was relatively short, there was great variety in level structure and it told a pretty good story.
Can't wait for Halo 5's campaign (said to be the darkest Halo of the series). I love dark games with great atmosphere, which is part of why ODST was one of my favorite Halo games.

I don't know why everyone hates on Spartan Ops, it is essentially an extension of the campaign and it tells a pretty good side story. While it is a bit repetitive, they've added in some fun things (like the RvB easter eggs) to keep it interesting.

If I were to give it a score out of 10, I would say 9 or 8.5/75 is fitting.
9 because I don't give many games 10, as nothing is perfect.
There are a few 10s out there thoughhhh
---
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 49/190 Dominion wins
#9SnakingSucksPosted 12/3/2012 8:39:22 PM
I love the guns, also love how fast paced it is. Feels more arcadey, which IMO is good.