halo's plot holes

#1TemplarLord305Posted 12/3/2012 8:07:37 PM
I have been a halo fan before i even got my xbox. I have enjoyed all the halo games from halo ce, to halo wars, but halo 4 leaves me with so many plot holes i cant even comprehend what happened. For example, why is Halsey under arrest? If arbiter is the leader of the elites, why isn't he on the planet? Who created the spartan 4's? What happened to the flood? If the war with the covenant is over, why are we still fighting? What happened to the brutes? What do you guys think if you have answers then please answer. I like many others love halo not only for the multiplayer, but also for the story, and i personally think 343 killed it. What do you guys think?
#2HavocGDIPosted 12/3/2012 8:14:18 PM
...Um...read the books?

Seriously, most (if not all) of the answers to the questions that you asked are in the books. However, in regards to the Arbiter not being on the planet, it does appear (and Cortana mentions this in the first level) that these Covenant are an offshoot. They are not military grade, but seems to be a subdivision.
---
We want you...to join S.T.A.R.S.
#3the_k_ninePosted 12/3/2012 8:15:45 PM
Kidnapping children.
Those Elites aren't in the same Covenant.
The UNSC.
Those aren't the same Covenant.
They went home because the actual Covenant stopped existing without the prophets.

I think that's right.
---
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5491/slyo.png
#4ParanoidObsessivePosted 12/3/2012 8:26:48 PM
None of those things are plot holes. Plot holes implies unanswered questions. Nearly every single question you asked has an answer.

Many of those questions are answered in the books. Some of those questions are answered in the Spartan Ops missions. But the answers do exist.

About the only question you asked that doesn't really have an answer is "What happened to the Flood?", but that's STILL not a plot hole, because there's fairly heavy foreshadowing that that's a plot point that may be addressed later. And even if it isn't, there's no specific reason why the Chief should be tripping over Flood everywhere he goes anyway.

As far as we know, the surviving enclaves of Flood are all on Halos - there's no reason why they should have been seen on a shield world (having Flood there would have defeated most of the purpose of having a shield world in the first place).

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#5XioJenesisPosted 12/3/2012 8:28:17 PM
Halsey is NOT under arrest for kidnapping the kids that turned into Spartan IIs. She is arrested for stealing a ship and kidnapping Kelly.
---
Your God is as real as the Tooth Fairy. Deal with it.
#6frankmarlowePosted 12/3/2012 8:31:11 PM
The only thing that irks me is how the Chief's armor changed. I'm not saying I hate it, I know WHY they did it... it's just the little OCD voice in my head that keeps going "how?"

For reference: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Halo-4-Developer-Explains-Master-Chief-s-New-Armor-253941.shtml

In case anyone else was wondering how his armor changed inside that cryo pod...
---
Opinions are as common as dog turds, and about as valuable.
#7WingZero0782Posted 12/3/2012 8:49:12 PM
Why is Halsey under arrest?

Because she stole Spartans and a ship.

If arbiter is the leader of the elites, why isn't he on the planet?

What planet, Reqium? Because he's on Sanheilios and there's a civil war going on

Who created the spartan 4's?

Parangosky?

What happened to the flood?

Not sure, there's still some left on the Halo's and the Gravemind was killed.

If the war with the covenant is over, why are we still fighting? What happened to the brutes?

We're fighting a zealot group of the Covenant who still believes in the Great Journey, the Brutes and Elites are enemies and thus will not work together, though I don't see why we didn't fight them instead of the Elites.

Halo fan my arse.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#8Guirec730Posted 12/3/2012 8:57:07 PM
Brutes fled to their homeworld. This faction of Covenant is led by an Elite, so that really wouldn't work since they butchered the crap out of each other in Halo 2-3.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#9WingZero0782Posted 12/3/2012 9:01:05 PM
Guirec730 posted...
Brutes fled to their homeworld. This faction of Covenant is led by an Elite, so that really wouldn't work since they butchered the crap out of each other in Halo 2-3.

Well of it was Brutes and not Elites then we wouldn't get all of these confused people as to why we're fighting Elites again.

Do these Storm Elites belong to the Sangheili who wants to kill Thel Vadame/Arbiter?
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#10Guirec730Posted 12/3/2012 9:05:41 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
Guirec730 posted...

Well of it was Brutes and not Elites then we wouldn't get all of these confused people as to why we're fighting Elites again.

Do these Storm Elites belong to the Sangheili who wants to kill Thel Vadame/Arbiter?

Kind of. This is all spoiler material for Thursday War, but the leader of these Elites (Jul M'Dama) is a rebel leader from the homeworld who learns that ONI is inciting the Elites to fight each other so that they no longer pose a threat to humanity. He rallies up a colony of Elites that were isolated during the previous war and through unknown means gets the remnants of some of the Covenant (grunts, hunters, jackals) to join with him to fight the humans.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.