God, you guys are jamming up the support service.

#31SpiduxxudipS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:18:19 AM
Well, that was cool. Last time this happened I had to pay for a back month of Gold to reactivate my account. This time the girl took both November and the December (as it auto-renewed the other day again) payment off.

Nice. 1 month (Nov) of Gold for free! It didn't hurt that she was suppose to get off work right before I was connected to her.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#32fiasco86Posted 12/4/2012 8:36:04 AM
WalkerRD posted...
You can cancel the auto renew on xbox.com

I'm well aware, I do it every time I purchase gold. Here's a fun fact though, they now require that you verify that you're the real owner of the account to turn off auto-renew, how you ask do they verify that? By sending a code to another email address or phone number that you're the owner of. My nephew, being a child and all, registered with a fake email address, and phone number. The code gets sent to nowhere meaning we can't log into his account and turn off auto-renew. Instead, we have to replace the email address and phone number associated with the account to verify that we are in fact responsible for it. After entering in the information that needs to be replaced, we get a nice message telling us that it'll take exactly one month for the process to be completed. One month, just enough time for the auto-renew process to charge his mother's card another time. Customer support refuses to speed up this process for "security issues". BRILLIANT. Kudos to the wonderful person that scammed my 12 year old nephew out of $10, I hope you're sleeping well tonight.

I'm not trying to be a d**k or anything, and I agree that MS rips people off in a number of ways, but in this situation I'd say that your nephew's mom (or whomever was responsible) is to blame just as much as MS for letting a kid register for xbl on his own.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 8