Spartan IV's???

#1mc007Posted 12/3/2012 9:34:45 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but they are just elite UNSC soldiers with slight augmentations and a set of high tech armor right? They did not receive any growth hormones or skeletal augmentations, so why is it they are still all 6'6 and over? Even the females, Palmer is a head taller than Lasky. Not quite as big as the 7 foot Spartan II's in general, but still abnormally large.
---
Xbox 360 console: $399.99, Call of Duty 4 game: $59.99, call in 3 choppers in a single TDM: priceless.
XBL GT: CtrlAltThe1337
#2WalkerRDPosted 12/3/2012 9:36:07 PM
One could assume that the best soldiers might be fairly large.
---
"He who koops and runs away lives to koop another day!" - King Koopa
#3tarzanmxPosted 12/3/2012 9:38:41 PM
Science has progressed, that's all I can come up with.
It's funny, I was wondering about this same thing about half an hour ago: "I think at this point technology has progressed so much anyone with the proper training can be a Spartan Not as strong as the IIs, certainly better than the IIIs, but Spartans nonetheless. They're basically ODSTs with Mjolnir armor at this point." That's what I thought.
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.
#4KainofShadowsPosted 12/3/2012 9:45:08 PM
This is pretty much correct. The procedure for making a spartan has been refined.The IV's are better versions of the IIIs while still costing a fraction of the IIs. The IVs are adult soldiers who are selected based on fitness, skill, ect. and asked if they would like to volunteer for the spartan program. The key word is volunteer as up to this point all Spartans were kidnapped children. They receive the refined augmentations that are still necessary in order to wear the Mjolnir armour.
#5WingZero0782Posted 12/3/2012 9:50:33 PM
It's basically like going from being a normal soldier and then requested to join the SAS or some other elite squad.

I think ODST' s have been replaced as they don't show up in Halo 4.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#6KainofShadowsPosted 12/3/2012 9:55:30 PM
I don't know that the ODSTs have been replaced, so much as they can't be used in a traditional sense on Requiem. ODSTs are launched directly from the ship in their drop pods, but as the ship is outside the planet they may just be deploying the ODSTs as regular marines.
#7tarzanmxPosted 12/3/2012 9:56:23 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
It's basically like going from being a normal soldier and then requested to join the SAS or some other elite squad.

My thoughts are they replaced the ODSTs, indeed. Now that it's possible to make Spartans out of any of the best, it's in good interests to upgrade.
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.
#8WalkerRDPosted 12/3/2012 9:58:34 PM
WingZero0782 posted...

My thoughts are they replaced the ODSTs, indeed. Now that it's possible to make Spartans out of any of the best, it's in good interests to upgrade.

It's probably pretty expensive to make and outfit a Spartan.
---
"He who koops and runs away lives to koop another day!" - King Koopa
#9ExtraspectrePosted 12/3/2012 10:18:23 PM(edited)
KainofShadows posted...
I don't know that the ODSTs have been replaced, so much as they can't be used in a traditional sense on Requiem. ODSTs are launched directly from the ship in their drop pods, but as the ship is outside the planet they may just be deploying the ODSTs as regular marines.

They could be used if the UNSC stopped being derps and deployed frigates and destroyers in the planet like the Covenant has. There is obviously plenty of room, and now that UNSC ships have shields they should be able to hold their own.

We apparently control the orbitals but don't send down anything bigger than a pelican.
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#10tarzanmxPosted 12/3/2012 10:00:47 PM
WalkerRD posted...
WingZero0782 posted...

It's probably pretty expensive to make and outfit a Spartan.

Huh, good point.
---