Roland replaces Cortana as Master Chief's accomplice in Halo 5. Your reaction?

#1Smackdowner1Posted 12/4/2012 3:25:11 AM
Second best AI companion ever. (First will always be 343 Guilty Spark. . I miss you buddy. :,( )

I think it'd be cool.
---
''Belligerence'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2012
#2Cereal4youPosted 12/4/2012 3:35:50 AM
But DAT ASS.....
#3Smackdowner1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:37:02 AM
Cereal4you posted...
But DAT ASS.....

If it makes you feel any better, Roland can wear Cortana's outfit.
---
''Belligerence'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2012
#4OLDBOYviciousPosted 12/4/2012 3:38:58 AM(edited)
I personally think Roland is more annoying than Cortana, it really bothers me how he jokes around and is never serious, always saying something annoying, especially, when in the game, people's lives are at risk, or allies just died, for me, it really ruins the immersion and believability. But then again, most of the radio chatter in Spops is like that for me. It is as if a bunch of 12 year olds are having little spats over their walkie talkies.
---
Kids, you gotta keep your meat ice cold!
#5Kcrone1988Posted 12/4/2012 5:25:28 AM
OLDBOYvicious posted...
I personally think Roland is more annoying than Cortana, it really bothers me how he jokes around and is never serious, always saying something annoying, especially, when in the game, people's lives are at risk, or allies just died, for me, it really ruins the immersion and believability. But then again, most of the radio chatter in Spops is like that for me. It is as if a bunch of 12 year olds are having little spats over their walkie talkies.

TBH the books always make the AI's have differing personalities like the cowboy who was a bit of a joker from Harvest and I seem to remember a very rude AI from a book aswell.

I like it, it would be boring as hell if they just gave info
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)
#6slayerxelitePosted 12/4/2012 5:26:23 AM
He sounds unbelievably derpy
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs
#7And2foshoPosted 12/4/2012 5:27:52 AM
Why would Cortana need to be replaced? Is something going to happen to her? If so massive spoilers
---
Indianapolis Colts - Season Record 8-4
Next Game: Tennessee Titans
#8DamorahTalsetPosted 12/4/2012 7:17:27 AM
Smackdowner1 posted...
Second best AI companion ever. (First will always be 343 Guilty Spark. . I miss you buddy. :,( )

I think it'd be cool.

Regarding 343 Guilty Spark... He's still alive, as revealed in the books, with the memories of his former human self unlocked. He'll probably be.back at some point.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#9WingZero0782Posted 12/4/2012 7:29:24 AM
The Spirit of Fire AI was a sarcastic *****.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#10chaotix42Posted 12/4/2012 7:39:36 AM
I'd have to see it before I reacted, but my gut tells me Roland is too wise-cracking and ham-fisted to gel with the Chief the way Cortana did. Her wry sense of humor is a suitable contrast to his no-nonsense way to getting things done.
---
GT: Falchion Sensei