lmao just joined a game of Oddball in progress. score was 261-0

#1demigodxseroPosted 12/4/2012 6:21:40 AM
i hear "enemy team nearing victory" as soon as i enter and the game ends less than a minute later. what a complete waste of my time.
---
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l406/n00b11CE/demigodxzero.gif
#2GollyFluffPosted 12/4/2012 6:32:12 AM
you still had a chance.
well, at least that's what 343 would say
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#3SeikenZPosted 12/4/2012 6:35:09 AM
Haha, how utterly annoying that join in progress, seriously. They should have left that crap in CoD as well. There is not a single time that I think "I'd seriously like to join a game in progress now".
---
#4CrayonmuffinPosted 12/4/2012 6:38:44 AM
Most of the time it affects me negatively but I DO love those times when I join, get a kill or two, then get victory. Free wins don't bother me.

But seriously mid game joining is trash.
#5Brendy_BoyPosted 12/4/2012 6:40:37 AM
If you had MLG in your gamertag and you were clutch enough, you would've come back.

TL;DR: l2p
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Brendover
PSN: BabyInABrender
#6demigodxsero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 6:51:52 AM
i dont even think my issue is with JiP as much as the fact that you can join a game thats completely lopsided in one teams favor. if i wait two minutes to join a game then get thrown into a lopsided contest (thats already been decided for all intents & purposes) then yall are just wastin my time. you should only be able to join a game thats close in score. 261-0 is not close in a game mode where you play to 300 points.
---
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l406/n00b11CE/demigodxzero.gif
#7BeastlyIguanaPosted 12/4/2012 6:58:30 AM
What's the difference between starting at the beginning of a losing match, and starting in the middle? If your team is getting rolfstomped like that, you aren't going to be able to make a difference anyway.
---
Most of my messages are posted from an iPod Touch, so expect some spelling errors.
#8GrimnoPosted 12/4/2012 7:00:02 AM
Brendy_Boy posted...
If you had MLG in your gamertag and you were clutch enough, you would've come back.

TL;DR: l2p

I see what you did there.
---
~Grimno (The Eccentric Gamer) "I don't need luck, I have ammo."
Dragon's Dogma Pawn - Ridmond
#9malerikPosted 12/4/2012 7:08:56 AM
I got into a game of team regicide last night. All three of my teammates dropped as the game started.

Thank the lord for join in progress. I was doing ok considering, but when those three dudes joined it was like the damn cavalry. We ended up winning by a clear 200 points.
#10SeikenZPosted 12/4/2012 9:42:35 AM
malerik posted...
I got into a game of team regicide last night. All three of my teammates dropped as the game started.

Thank the lord for join in progress. I was doing ok considering, but when those three dudes joined it was like the damn cavalry. We ended up winning by a clear 200 points.

I have only experienced it once where my team (and practically the whole enemy team) dropped, but the times where I join a game when you're placed on a horribly losing team or a game that's as good as over are way more frequent.

Since experiences vary, I suggest they make it an optional setting so that people can decide for themselves if they want to make use of it.

As someone that isn't to keen on it, it's extremely frustrating (and wastes a lot of time). I hated it in CoD as well and it's disheartening to see that Halo is moving inro the same direction.
---