Wahh, people have Specializations and I don't, they have an advantage.

#1ODommPosted 12/4/2012 9:28:36 AM
I see a lot of people complaining about this and threatening to quit as a result... For some reason, people see the Specialization perk rewards as game breaking because lower players don't have them...

....I'm sorry, what? Do people really think these perks are overpowering?
Wetwork: Oh wow, you can't see them on Pro vision (a perk that already slows down game flow to an unbearable pace, shame on you for using it) Dampened footsteps... really? The battlefield is too loud most of the time to hear anyone anyways. Halo has never been about hearing people... Quicker assassinations? "Wow, no fair, the other team one because that Wetwork got 6 assassinations in the time it took me to get 2... Have more awareness and you wouldn't have 9 hard inches of steel rammed into your skull.

Operator: 2 seconds of vehicle disable time is plenty of time to get a stick or at least a few DMR shots on (And you people loooove to DMR vehicles >_>)

Pioneer: This one isn't even overpowered as it doesn't affect gameplay.

Engineer: I have yet to see many Engineers and even when I do, I don't notice a change in gameplay because honestly, the game is moving too fast for anyone to wait for ordinance anyway. Plus it's only like a 5-10 second head start, and I laugh because the 10 seconds that engineer is waiting there for his early ordinance, I'm capturing a Dominion base from a team with one less idiot shooting at me.

Tracker: Wow, so you get a shotgun instead of a needler. Chances are someone on the team would've gotten a shotgun anyway.

Rogue: People are complaining mostly about this one as you get quite a bit of kick in a DMR fight. Ironically, the same people are complaining that these DMR fights are ruining the game. So why are you partaking in them if you're so against them. Anyway, on this one, change your tactics, find cover if you really feel overwhelmed. Check your routes and set up a flanking strategy or a way to get to the Rogue and give him a nice face full of grenade.

Pathfinder: Faster move time with a turret means overpowered? lol no, it makes the people with those turrets an even easier target. They think they are invincible with this speed boost when really they have no evading movement whatsoever. Longer usage before overheat?

Stalker: I'm not even gonna argue this one, get off your *** and play the objective

tl:dr Specialization perks are not overpowered people, they are balanced beautifully and give a little boost to whatever it is you like doing. If you like driving a vehicle, more power to ya, you're still gonna get gunned down by a team of DMRs. You like camping for ordinance? Sweet, enemy captured your flag.

Don't threaten to quit because you don't have certain Specializations, play the way you want to play and get your own enjoyment out of it.
---
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 49/190 Dominion wins
#2Caolan_2k9Posted 12/4/2012 9:32:55 AM
Agreed. It's halo, whoever is better will win. Specializations or not. Thankfully not many people complain about it, but some do.
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#3RoneZoneFitnessPosted 12/4/2012 9:33:50 AM
Wall-O-Text :D
#4ODomm(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:35:00 AM
RoneZoneFitness posted...

There's a prize to the first person who can climb to the top!!
---
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 49/190 Dominion wins
#5Nintendo_toPosted 12/4/2012 9:35:22 AM

Gonna climb it! Wish me luck.
#6jakeDiLLaPosted 12/4/2012 9:35:46 AM
Wahh people shouldn't care about specializations wahhhh
---
Halo 4 Double XP - sbaked7@gmail.com
#7Nintendo_toPosted 12/4/2012 9:44:13 AM
ODomm posted...

There's a prize to the first person who can climb to the top!!

I messed up in the html, so I quit.
Some of the classes are more useful than you give them credit for, but since you sacrifice a tactical or support enhancement to modify, It's less game-breaking. Aggreed; this promotion is by no means cause to return the game.
#8UltimaKeyMasterPosted 12/4/2012 10:11:29 AM
If that's all those perks are, I'll gladly take the Boring But Practical route of early perks like quicker shield recharge, infinite sprint and quicker reloading. XD
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade, Xbox Live-Red Skyblade 64
Steam-brandonskysword
#9lnknprk_45Posted 12/4/2012 10:19:23 AM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
Agreed. It's halo, whoever is better will win. Specializations or not. Thankfully not many people complain about it, but some do.

That's the general idea, but things tend to play out differently. Whoever has the better aim wins, but in certain situations you're screwed, skill or not.