Remember when a ghost or banshee was something to be feared?

#11Spider5800Posted 12/4/2012 10:45:08 AM
Banshee's are still pretty effective using hit-and-run tactics with missles. You can't just sit there firing like the older games, but it's still possble to get some killstreaks with them.

Ghosts...ugh. Plasma pistols being available in the default loadout has killed them, IMO. Splatters only work on enemies that don't see you comming, and 3 guys with DMR's can take you down in a few seconds. Could definitely use a health buff of some kind.

I think the worst vehicles right now are warthogs, though. Gauss is still strong, but the chaingun is crap now, and it only takes 2 grenades to make them explode. Whenever I see enemies in those I think "Hey, free double/triple kill!"

At least the tanks are still pretty good.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#12Happy_MCGPosted 12/4/2012 10:50:23 AM(edited)
I've been suprised with the amount of games where the opposing team is either horrible with or doesn't use plasma pistols.

Unless I get incredibly unlucky, I can usually get a frenzy whenever I decided to hop in a vehicle.

Then again, I usually run with at least two friends which helps immensely.
---
NUM NUM NUM NUM NUM FEED THE TROLLS YUMMY BACON - love_pirate
#13jwhudexnlsPosted 12/4/2012 10:52:29 AM
Still, I'm really not a fan of how much they toned vehicles down in this game. I don't even use them often and I thinks its dumb how fast they die.
#14Gyro822Posted 12/4/2012 10:54:21 AM
You all forgot to mention.. NO ONE ****ING SHOOTS THE VEHICLES. They think, I have DMR. No way I can take vehicles out with that. What they don't realize if you have 2-3 people shooting at a vehicle with a DMR, it goes down in seconds.
---
360 GT/PSN: frostysquirrels
Currently Playing: DayZ, Minecraft, Dota 2
#15XImperialDragonPosted 12/4/2012 10:58:47 AM
If you can't get several kills in a Banshee, either the enemy team is better/more prepared to deal with a Banshee (IE, its just unfortunate that someone just dropped rockets the second you hop in one) or there's something wrong with you.

I stick with my team and push with my team, and I almost always get at least 5 kills before the thing blows up or I ditch it. The key is not getting into the vehicle and running into 5+ enemies at once and expecting to solo them all, because it doesn't work that way. Take 1v2 or 1v1 situations, if you're being shot by multiple foes then PULL BACK and wait for your team to push while you pick off targets.

The way I roll in a Banshee just works for me since if my team is actively engaging the foes, the whole team can't stare straight up into the air and wreck me, instead I take a more supportive role that gets me more kills, gets my teammates more kills (because people just staring into the air will be killed by my teammates) and respond to callouts to help teammates in 1v2 situations and get protector/avenger medals.

Dont just expect to solo the whole enemy team and suddenly vehicles don't suck like they're made out of paper. I've had good rampage/running riot runs with the Banshee just from this strategy.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#16Blue-AdeptPosted 12/4/2012 11:01:28 AM
Whenever I get into a vehicle I get decimated pretty quickly. I consider myself pretty good, too, in vehicles. SPLASER is annoying when the enemy team grabs it first.

How is Operator + Banshee HP?
#17WebstedgePosted 12/4/2012 11:04:37 AM
Both can still do tons of damage in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing

You just need a lot more skill to be effective though since they aren't overpowered anymore. I like the balance
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#18ShAd0wF1amEPosted 12/4/2012 11:04:44 AM
As far as the Banshee goes, it does suck when the whole team decides to shoot at you because it'll go down in a matter of seconds if the whole team shoots at it, even with loadout weapons.

As for the Ghost, it's amazing when you learn that splattering isn't the only way it can kill. You can fairly easily take out two people shooting at you if you use the Ghost's guns.

Essentially, yes the vehicles are pretty soft, but you can still do quite a bit of damage if you know what you're doing.
---
XBL GT: ShAd0wF1AmE (that's a zero in ShAd0w, not an O)
#19puppyPosted 12/4/2012 11:06:09 AM
I'm glad the banshee has been toned down, that thing was incredibly overpowered in Halo 3. If you faced a decent driver in that game, a laser was your only option.

This game has very balanced vehicles. They have the potential to get killing sprees, but are also very vulnerable. The gauss can absolutely wreck face, but there are 101 ways of killing it (Laser, active camo into 2 plasma grenades, incinerator, scorpion, flipping it with a railgun, etc.

I like the balance.
---
You look under puppy's message.
You find a potion!
#20Nocturnal15Posted 12/4/2012 11:10:19 AM
Coming from a true vehicle whore, the banshee is a joke now. It all started from Reach and went downhill. I regularly got rampages, invincibles, perfections in Halo 3. I even scored many running riots with the ghost too. Getting kills with ghost cannons is all about isolation. Get someone out in the open with no cover in sight and just circle around them. The art of the vehicle is stalking/recon then going for the kill when the time calls. I miss halo 3.