Who preferred it when weapons spawned on the maps?

#1_DT_Skillz_Posted 12/4/2012 10:32:12 AM
Don't get me wrong I love Halo 4 and most of the changes they've made I've readily embraced, but didn't you prefer it without loadouts? I mean the weapon spawns created hot spots around the map where there's bound to be action. It made map control much more important and also it made it so a team with a strategy always had an advantage over the other team.

I also loved it how it was a level playing field, a recruit would have the same equipment as a colonel. This meant that you would have to literally get better to do well at the game, I just personally think this game would be better without loadouts.
#2Urdnot_RuntPosted 12/4/2012 10:34:07 AM
I like the way it is now but I want a classic playlist with AR starts and weapons on the map w/ no indicators.

I doubt it will happen though
#3SpiduxxudipSPosted 12/4/2012 10:34:45 AM
It's not THAT bad, but yeah, I can agree with that. I was playing the other day. I was getting DMR'd by two guys, one was sitting back and one was rushing me. I turned a corner and BAM there was a rocket launcher that just popped up (wasn't there when I went walking through that corridor earlier).

They didn't get the kill.

Yeah, that was in my benefit, but I still felt pretty cheap.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#4Trinity of DarknessPosted 12/4/2012 10:37:20 AM
I wish there was loadout weapons on the map, while power weapons stayed in ordinances

Best of both worlds?
---
"Blame your fate!" - Kratos Aurion
#5Paper_Mario_4Posted 12/4/2012 10:54:53 AM
I liked it better that way. Halo 4's multiplayer is too casual for me yet I'm giving the game it's time to see if 343 makes some good patches and what not. I think battling for dominance on a particular area of a map is almost completely gone. It's a shame because battling for the upper hand in any geographical area that will give your side the advantage is a part of war and this game is more of a free flow type of FPS. It feels too easy due to a lot of reasons and taking away certain weapons on the map that will always spawn in that exact same location is definitely one of those reasons.
#6ExtraspectrePosted 12/4/2012 11:04:14 AM
I see no reason we can't have both loadouts and map spawns.

I WANT a reason to go to other places on the maps rather than always fighting in the same spot. Complex feels so empty and lifeless because of this.
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#7metroider719Posted 12/4/2012 11:25:21 AM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
It's not THAT bad, but yeah, I can agree with that. I was playing the other day. I was getting DMR'd by two guys, one was sitting back and one was rushing me. I turned a corner and BAM there was a rocket launcher that just popped up (wasn't there when I went walking through that corridor earlier).

They didn't get the kill.

Yeah, that was in my benefit, but I still felt pretty cheap.

That wasn't cheap. You were just near the rocket launcher spawn when it spawned. The weapon spawns aren't really random, they just cycle around after each spawn.
#8Gyro822Posted 12/4/2012 11:54:01 AM
Play Forge maps. I know the Lockout remake I got has the same weapon spawns that lockout had. However, the explosion radius on the barrels is way too high.
---
360 GT/PSN: frostysquirrels
Currently Playing: DayZ, Minecraft, Dota 2
#9Sephiroth9704Posted 12/4/2012 11:56:38 AM
I feel like I read this topic 9 times a day.

Seriously,

SHUT

UP
#10Asherlee10Posted 12/4/2012 11:58:47 AM
I don't mind not having weapon spawns because I never really have a problem picking up an AR, if I need it. Or trade my BR for a DMR.

I try to stick around my teammates and if one dies, there's some weapons and ammo.

So, all in all, I don't miss it. I like the loadout options MUCH better.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."