Who preferred it when weapons spawned on the maps?

#11Asherlee10Posted 12/4/2012 11:59:45 AM(edited)
Sephiroth9704 posted...
I feel like I read this topic 9 times a day.

Seriously,

SHUT

UP

That may be so, but there are new users to this board every day. Some people do not spend 7 days a week here. So, if you've read this topic so many times already, then why are you here? Just to be a jerk?
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#12SpiduxxudipSPosted 12/4/2012 12:02:45 PM
Sephiroth9704 posted...
I feel like I read this topic 9 times a day.

Seriously,

SHUT

UP

Sounds like you need to spend less time on GFaqs then.

This is a message board about a game. If anyone needs to shut up, it's the person getting their knickers in a twist when someone asks questions about the game or peoples opinion about the game.

Not everyone is a regular here, some people get the game, play the game, and come here to ask a few questions. It's called being on an active board. Learn to Gamefaqs. Don't wanna read the same topic? DON'T CLICK ON IT, DUR DUR DUR DUR HUR HUR.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#13Rogue MuttPosted 12/4/2012 12:24:25 PM
I like the loadout concept, but I'm not crazy about the way ordinance drops are set-up. Players that are doing well shouldn't really be given extra assistance to continue doing well. Power weapons should still only spawn on the maps.
---
BSG
#14Spider5800Posted 12/4/2012 12:48:44 PM(edited)
I prefer the new way. The old way basically encouraged camping power weapons and forced fights to usually occur at specific points on the map. The new system encourages more roaming around the maps in my experience so far.

Some people have complained that the new system just encourages teams to take the best defensive point and rack up kills to get drops, but I've yet to see that be used effectively. Drops seem to take too long and are too random for that to be as effective as team camping sniper/rockets/shotgun was in previous games.

And loadouts are a godsend, I hated spawning with AR's on giant maps in the old games.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#15JonnyBoyFFPosted 12/4/2012 12:52:57 PM
I'm not sure if I like it better or worse, but I welcome the change of pace this time around.
---
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!
#16builder111Posted 12/4/2012 12:56:18 PM
crappy players that's who. if you can't control the map just because the enemy are getting some drops you were never any good in the first place.

lol @ people who need the same layout everytime to be good
#17darren19822000Posted 12/4/2012 1:23:17 PM
i did like them on the map but it wouldnt be so bad if the ordinance drops werent random. esspecially the personal ones. i seem to get more needler/naed/speed boost than anything. i think they should set the personal ones so that the first one you get the same as the rest of the lobbies first one. that way you dont have 1 team with rockets/snipers while the other gets needlers/ scattershots.

the only people who LOVE the new way is the ones that never got the power weapons before.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#18ArcGuardPosted 12/4/2012 1:28:10 PM
Extraspectre posted...
I see no reason we can't have both loadouts and map spawns.

I WANT a reason to go to other places on the maps rather than always fighting in the same spot. Complex feels so empty and lifeless because of this.

weapons do still spawn on the map. It's not only ordinances.

There is an initial weapon layout on the maps, and they respawn so often, but they are random after the start (Which means no more camping for rockets, because they could just turn out to be grenades). And the arrows over them tell you that a weapon is there (or was there when it goes away).

I think it is better this way.
#19patkelly929Posted 12/4/2012 1:34:36 PM
I like the ordinance drops better.

As much as I liked the power weapons being on the map, it promoted camping the rocket launcher or sniper rifle. Despite it being a beacon for action, it felt like the action was only happening there.

With the loadouts and drops, players can be anywhere on the map, or players will hold positions on a map because they have the tactical advantage, not a rocket launcher is going to spawn soon.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#20fiasco86Posted 12/4/2012 1:36:25 PM
The new way is cool, but I wish that Slayer Pro had more of a classic feel to it than it currently does.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 8