A little thing I miss from previous Halo maps...

#1MonixionPosted 12/4/2012 11:33:11 AM
Map Interactivity, parts of the map that would be closed off or inaccessible until activating a switch somewhere, it's nothing massive but it just bought a little extra to maps. Like High Ground, until someone snuck into the base and flipped the door switch the map was almost split completely in 2.

It came to me when playing forge, thinking it'd be cool to have switches which when pressed would deactivate shields or open doors that you linked to them.

Anyone else have things like that they miss or think they should have in latter maps?
---
[[PSN - NekuShibuya]] [[Xbox Live - monixion]]
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Pokemon White 2, Theatrhythm
#2Sephiroth9704Posted 12/4/2012 11:33:46 AM
Nope.
#3ChangliniPosted 12/4/2012 11:37:15 AM
It'd be nice if the closing and opening of the doors weren't permanent. And if they wouldn't become overpowered in blocking the opposition.
---
The refurbish NER, oh how you've redeemed me.
Walker, you're here because you wanted to be something you're not, a hero ~Konrad
#4SpiduxxudipSPosted 12/4/2012 11:39:29 AM
Halo 2 had some of the best maps for map interaction. I miss some of them too.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#5Link43130Posted 12/4/2012 11:39:30 AM
Map interactivity shall be missed (especially the train on Terminal)
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#6SeikenZPosted 12/4/2012 11:42:46 AM
Link43130 posted...
Map interactivity shall be missed (especially the train on Terminal)

That map was awesome.
---
#7lebraun171xboxPosted 12/4/2012 11:43:58 AM
Monixion posted...
Map Interactivity, parts of the map that would be closed off or inaccessible until activating a switch somewhere, it's nothing massive but it just bought a little extra to maps. Like High Ground, until someone snuck into the base and flipped the door switch the map was almost split completely in 2.

It came to me when playing forge, thinking it'd be cool to have switches which when pressed would deactivate shields or open doors that you linked to them.

Anyone else have things like that they miss or think they should have in latter maps?

always loved highground. this is a big thing i miss.
also ninjaing around the building in zanzibar to open the big gate to steal flag/plant bomb
#8chamber29Posted 12/4/2012 11:50:15 AM
I had a topic earlier that kind of died out on what makes a good halo map. Interactivity is something I totally forgot about. I am wondering if there is anything in forge that could be set up to act as a switch. Maybe explosives behind a heavy but moveable object...I might play with that when I get home.
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those
#9SpiduxxudipSPosted 12/4/2012 11:54:07 AM
chamber29 posted...
I had a topic earlier that kind of died out on what makes a good halo map. Interactivity is something I totally forgot about. I am wondering if there is anything in forge that could be set up to act as a switch. Maybe explosives behind a heavy but moveable object...I might play with that when I get home.

It is possible. Watch the Rune Goldberg (I think that's what they're called) devices people made in the Reach Forge World through the waypoint video section (community creations I think it's called). That should give you a lot of idea's for various switches.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#10chamber29Posted 12/4/2012 12:00:59 PM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
chamber29 posted...

It is possible. Watch the Rune Goldberg (I think that's what they're called) devices people made in the Reach Forge World through the waypoint video section (community creations I think it's called). That should give you a lot of idea's for various switches.

Right, that is what I was thinking of, but I had seen somewhere here that those weren't as easy or maybe even impossible to make in Halo 4...I don't know why that would be, but I did read it
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those