Complex sucks

#11BigRobb2389Posted 12/4/2012 3:32:00 PM
SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY posted...
It's actually decent at a competitive level. Takes a lot of teamwork to control the map. Lots of interesting sightlines. Played it quite a bit on GB and it's tolerable. There are much worse maps.

I am starting to see the good qualities of it as well.

i hated it at first, but after playing it, the lines of sight, chokepoints, and areas of conflict aren't all that bad. interesting is a good word.

I have had some of my best games on that map, even when I hated it, but i have come to actually like it.

I started using the AutoSentry on complex, i had written the AS off, but it actually can work very well on a map like complex.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#12Arcadia__personPosted 12/4/2012 3:32:56 PM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
Yeah seriously, it's not fantastic but you people who are saying it's horrible etc clearly don't know much about map design.

In exactly the same way that you don't need to be a developer to judge whether a game is good or bad, you don't need to know anything about map design to tell that a map is good or bad.

I dislike Complex a lot too.
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#13Groudon_UzamakiPosted 12/4/2012 3:33:26 PM
Complex is bad and those who vote for it in anything other than Flood should feel bad.
---
The introduction never had a name, and all the answers to my questions never came.
#14Caolan_2k9Posted 12/4/2012 3:34:59 PM
Arcadia__person posted...
Caolan_2k9 posted...
Yeah seriously, it's not fantastic but you people who are saying it's horrible etc clearly don't know much about map design.

In exactly the same way that you don't need to be a developer to judge whether a game is good or bad, you don't need to know anything about map design to tell that a map is good or bad.

You don't need to know anything about map design to tell if a map is good or bad? Lolwut? That's really stupid.
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#15duericPosted 12/4/2012 3:36:12 PM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
dueric posted...
Caolan_2k9 posted...

I may not know s*** about map design, but I do know that I don't like playing on it 4v4.

I think it's totally fair to have an opinion on something I don't know anything about. I mean, I don't know anything about how to produce music but that doesn't stop me from having a preference.

Too big for 4v4 I agree, and you're entitled to your opinion :) I just think it's stupid when people play on it on a 4v4 gametype and say it's bad. It's bad for 8 players, the map itself is not bad.

Well, believe me, if I had a choice I wouldn't play on it in Infinity Slayer.

Unfortunately, that's not 100% in my control.

I think in the grand scheme, it's better to have people hate it, but still play it, than just split every time it gets voted.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#16YellowPurplePosted 12/4/2012 4:13:13 PM
It's good on flood but I generally dislike it for every other mode. It's the only map I've played on that has went to the time limit, and it's happened more than once. It's a bit too big for 4V4 but too small for BTB. I also don't like the spawns on this map. I'm constantly spawned into DMR fire.
#17Arcadia__personPosted 12/4/2012 4:22:21 PM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
Arcadia__person posted...
Caolan_2k9 posted...

You don't need to know anything about map design to tell if a map is good or bad? Lolwut? That's really stupid.

No, it's common sense. You need to know about map design to MAKE maps. Telling whether a map is fun is something literally anybody can do. Just play on it and judge for yourself, or ask the community.

Again, do you think you need to be a developer to judge games? Of course not, because that's stupid, just like your point.
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#18phoneixfencerPosted 12/4/2012 5:13:35 PM
Complex isn't designed for 4v4. For 5v5 it's slightly better and I really like it for 8v8. But just for regular slayer it's too big. 90% of the action takes place on the roof of the white building and the vast majority of the map is wasted with nothing going on.
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#19DuwstaiPosted 12/4/2012 5:50:54 PM
I am not a huge fan of it.

At least its not Abandon. That map is terrible for team slayer
---
balls
#20Matt_256Posted 12/4/2012 5:53:32 PM
Duwstai posted...
I am not a huge fan of it.

At least its not Abandon. That map is terrible for team slayer

I actually enjoy complex. I'm not understanding all the hate, I even like it for CTF. I absolutely despise Abandon though, it's the only map I truly dislike in this game./