you shouldn't ever be penalized for quitting because of lag.

#11OmisanAndrewPosted 12/5/2012 12:50:53 AM
Cant you just get better internet. If not play campaign and shut up
---
Little high like noon on the moon
#12xoAxeloxPosted 12/5/2012 12:52:29 AM
if they made exceptions to quitting then it would be exploitable

common sense kiddo
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#13Kadris_MieryuPosted 12/5/2012 1:22:12 AM
Webstedge posted...
lderivedx posted...
can't they collect your network statistics or use some metrics like ping or something? I mean if you can see it yourself they must be able to somehow

That's not what he requested.

what I'm saying is if they are able to look at your network statistics and see you had a really crappy connection to the host, which indicates lag, they could throw that game out and not have it count against your DNF%

xoAxelox posted...
if they made exceptions to quitting then it would be exploitable

common sense kiddo

Basically what he said, people could just lag their connection purposely just so they could leave without any penalties. Figure out something else or how to detect that.
---
No, you can tell it's not a girl because of the lack of periods. -SarifX871
im afreaid it's gonna explode and ruin my xbox -BioHalo11177
#14McNabFishPosted 12/5/2012 3:03:16 AM
The ONLY times I have come across lag, the game fixes it almost instantly by changing the host / kicking the offending player. You guys need to get a better ISP.
---
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
#15Rainey-kinsPosted 12/5/2012 4:20:21 AM
See, it's funny becae lag is caused by your own connection to the host, and has nothing to do with 343i's "Servers" or anything quite as elaborate as that. :T
---
Royal Rose
#16JustArtificialPosted 12/5/2012 5:46:23 AM
Rainey-kins posted...
See, it's funny becae lag is caused by your own connection to the host, and has nothing to do with 343i's "Servers" or anything quite as elaborate as that. :T

Except when every single person in the room is lagging, yet the game doesn't consider it bad enough to switch hosts. And more so, when you're lagging in YOUR OWN room for Spartan Ops. That just screams poor netcode.
#17djwagonPosted 12/5/2012 5:53:30 AM
Rainey-kins posted...
so let me get this straight I have the max speed you can get .but the game lag it is my fault .sorry but that sounds like bs to me
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#18Kadris_MieryuPosted 12/5/2012 6:08:47 AM
djwagon posted...
Rainey-kins posted...
so let me get this straight I have the max speed you can get .but the game lag it is my fault .sorry but that sounds like bs to me

You have the max speed for internet? Is that what you're saying? lolwut
---
No, you can tell it's not a girl because of the lack of periods. -SarifX871
im afreaid it's gonna explode and ruin my xbox -BioHalo11177
#19djwagonPosted 12/5/2012 6:52:56 AM
Kadris_Mieryu posted...
djwagon posted...
Rainey-kins posted...

You have the max speed for internet? Is that what you're saying? lolwut
lol no I was making a point of if you had the max speed offered to you by you isp and you still lag I call bs .sorry if I worded it wrong
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#20patkelly929Posted 12/5/2012 7:10:48 AM
Lag was pretty bad last night, I was about to get a double kill, both through assassinations, and when I got up to the second guy, he disappeared, reappeared behind me, and killed me.

I watched the kill cam, and I saw him teleport behind me. It was awful.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever