Whats the point of using supressor and AR?

#1Lama_SpitPosted 12/4/2012 9:58:07 PM
For someone like me who likes to be up close and personal there's literally no way for me to get in, and since my weapon of choice is supressor it makes matter worse. So what is the point of using AR or supressor when they get outclassed by BR and DMR? Is there any way for me to get to them? I can try crouching and sort of camping but thats gets countered by promethius vision, also being forced to play haven doesn't help when its DMR heaven. Other then getting better what do you guys suggest I do to pevent myself from going negative in most games?
#2thethirdthoughtPosted 12/4/2012 10:02:54 PM
AR is viable, suppressor isn't. Strafing, and burst fire could help. Also, don't use them out of range since they are almost useless at that point.
#3sdchiPosted 12/4/2012 10:05:37 PM
They're for people who are terrible at the game. They require very little accuracy, and unlike previous games you can actually kill people at close range with them.
#4jakeDiLLaPosted 12/4/2012 10:08:07 PM
"They're for people who are terrible at the game" not true, I don't find suppresor useful but AR has its usefulness
---
Halo 4 Double XP - sbaked7@gmail.com
#5BuhBuhBuiPosted 12/4/2012 10:15:26 PM
By your logic, no one should ever get killed by the shotgun, scattershot, or boltshot.

In most cases though, AR beats DMR/BR at close range. It's as simple as knowing how far away your opponent is and knowing when to pick your battles.
#6WebstedgePosted 12/4/2012 10:16:03 PM(edited)
"people who are terrible at the game can still have success with them" is more accurate
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#7XxkaimxXPosted 12/4/2012 10:35:58 PM
Use the pistol as your secondary, and use it only to keep opponents at long distance away from you. The most important rule with the AR is to pick your battles. If you can get the jump on someone with the magnum then take it but if at any slight disadvantage you need to retreat or wait for teammates.

I use this setup with hologram and just try and bait people into buildings and get them close to me.

Obviously I dont use this setup on large maps like ragnarok. It just doesnt work.
#8xoAxeloxPosted 12/4/2012 10:38:57 PM
the suppressor is in the game for embarrassing other players

there is no worse feeling than dying to a suppressor and then getting bagged
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#9jenovaPosted 12/4/2012 10:47:01 PM
The best thing ever is killing a n00b who insists on using a DMR or BR with a Suppressor or AR, because they are bad and only know how to have SniperBattle. Simple tactics and denying them their camping spots is great.
---
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh; fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding a simple ending without DLC...
#10FalloutgenuisPosted 12/4/2012 11:03:15 PM
Storm Rifle anybody?
---
Wub!
GT: RAW DJ