Whats the point of using supressor and AR?

#11Phoenixmon2Posted 12/5/2012 12:05:53 AM
Don't try to beat a DMR user at range. Couple AR fire with grenades or armor abilities. Fire in long bursts, 10 or so rounds.
#12Lama_Spit(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:24:55 AM
Falloutgenuis posted...
Storm Rifle anybody?

I have yet to really try out the storm rifle, i can try giving that a go see if it helps.
#13LinkIsSpartanPosted 12/5/2012 12:30:32 AM
If your getting outgunned by a dmr or a battle rifle in close quarters combat while you use a AR or suppessor, you should seriously just snap your disc. NOW.

The AR is the most OP piece of s--- in any halo game, ever! Have you played the previous halo games? it was hard getting kills with it, but in halo 4 they made it so overpowered that majority of the time your gonna get blasted by it once the enemy gets in in their sights and starts shooting.
---
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.
#14OmisanAndrewPosted 12/5/2012 12:36:24 AM
The only way that you can justify having AR in your setup is as a secondary with the firepower perk and a DMR as main.

Then you are set up to be very formidable.
---
Little high like noon on the moon
#15Lama_Spit(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:56:53 AM
LinkIsSpartan posted...
If your getting outgunned by a dmr or a battle rifle in close quarters combat while you use a AR or suppessor, you should seriously just snap your disc. NOW.

The AR is the most OP piece of s--- in any halo game, ever! Have you played the previous halo games? it was hard getting kills with it, but in halo 4 they made it so overpowered that majority of the time your gonna get blasted by it once the enemy gets in in their sights and starts shooting.

If you actually took your time to carefully read my initial post you would have noticed that i didnt mention having trouble up close. When i'm actually in CQC i'm fine but the problem lies in maps like haven which is glitched and overplayed, and has long hallways that promote the use of DMR. Their are other maps as well, also big team slayer makes it even hard to close the gap on DMR users.
#16forthnbackPosted 12/5/2012 1:17:07 AM
People use setups that aren't DMR/Boltshot? To me, thats the most OP weapon spawn you can get. The DMR is godly, and the Boltshot is close range instant kill.
---
FernieODST - Its like watching two giraffes fight; It's completely life threatening and important to them, but viewed from an onlooker its just derpa derp derp.
#17ShadowEspionagePosted 12/5/2012 1:21:02 AM
AR > Storm Rifle > Suppressor

Yep.
---
I'm fairly confident that the CoD series can't get any worse than Black Ops. Unless, of course... Treyarch makes Black Ops 2... zombie95
#18thethirdthoughtPosted 12/5/2012 1:25:49 AM
ShadowEspionage posted...
AR > Storm Rifle > Suppressor

Yep.

This
#19AoENIACPosted 12/5/2012 1:56:47 AM
Clever usage of the Storm Rifle with the Ammo package makes you nigh unstoppable on Adrift. Just don't overheat it unless you're certain the last shot will kill and you're not surrounded.

As for the AR, well, I always say "if you just want to go positive, use the AR". It will certainly get its ass kicked by the DMR if you run out in the open, but even the big maps have some "AR zones" where the AR will dominate so long as you control the pace of the battle. The best advice I've seen in this topic is definitely to "pick your battles". Don't let the enemy compromise your zones and you'll be fine.
It's getting between the zones that's the problem! Because camping out in the place your weapon is effective just won't work when the enemy realizes what's happening and just sits outside your zone with their DMR ready. Gotta stay mobile and in control.

Suppressor? Man I don't know why that one was one of the last available unlocks or why it costs so many points to unlock. It's a really stubborn gun that just doesn't respond well to trigger discipline. The AR and Storm Rifle are better for nearly all player versus player situations. Though the Suppressor is pretty good in Campaign or Spartan Ops, because the AI is still really stupid and exploitable.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#20lderivedxPosted 12/5/2012 2:01:08 AM
^^^

Are you serious?
---
I've been known to write some pretty good stuff from time to time. Just ask the mods. They probably know me like a brother by now. -MIxeD