Whats the point of using supressor and AR?

#21IvIe12CiL3SSPosted 12/5/2012 2:08:50 AM
Suppressor when hitting somebody jitters their POV more than any of the other auto guns if that makes a difference. So its probably used as cover fire or to "suppress" people at a certain cover location. Other than that AR > Suppressor in my opinion.
---
XBL: Merciless AZN
#22AoENIACPosted 12/5/2012 2:21:27 AM
An apt name, considering the above.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#23dweeeeb2Posted 12/5/2012 3:34:32 AM
Simple face to face test have suppressor > AR> Storm. But projectile speed AR> Storm >>> Suppressor. Also get more kills out of a clip on suppressor.....I THINK. Its been a while since I tested it, and ive had a few wines!
---
XBL/PSN GT: dweeeeb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP_qF5E4w7U
#24majinstrachPosted 12/5/2012 3:55:39 AM
I actually rate the supressor LOL.

If I see it in the field, I grab it! Flank with a BR on Haven, lead with a couple nades and just burst it...just like a sneak attack, head on is a deathwish.
---
"WoW hasn't been good since vanilla, those who still play are just chasing the dragon" (random quote from some imageboard) GT: Majin Strach
#25BigRobb2389Posted 12/5/2012 4:14:03 AM
If you're a fan of the firepower perk, I find the suppressor is a nice compliment to the Carbine or Battle Rifle. I use the AR with the Light Rifle and the Storm Rifle with the DMR, as well.

The Suppressor is excellent for dealing with Boltshot users.

I don't think its clear that any of the automatic rifles are better than another. Each has a reason why one may prefer to use it.

Now, compared to the other non-auto rifles, the AR stands up to them the best, but still falls very very short. Packing an automatic with the firepower perk though is great for close range fights, even with the Boltshot as a choice. I usually forgo the firepower perk myself, at least as of late.

If you are going to main an automatic though, you have to go with the Magnum as your secondary, the Magnum is honestly not all that bad at mid-range.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#26Praetor18Posted 12/5/2012 4:21:47 AM
Dunno why anyone would want to use Suppressor as their main, or even as secondary if they picked firepower, since they could just use AR instead which is so much better.
---
El Psy Congroo
#27majormPosted 12/5/2012 5:14:39 AM
TC, I'm truly not trying to be a typical gfaqs d-bag, but when you're at longer range, you need to be using the DMR or BR too. If you can't win your share of head to head battles with those weapons, you're not going to go positive very often.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#28Killean_NuggetsPosted 12/5/2012 5:25:35 AM
So many bad player ITT.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#29BurnsDepartmentPosted 12/5/2012 5:45:43 AM
dweeeeb2 posted...
Simple face to face test have suppressor > AR> Storm. But projectile speed AR> Storm >>> Suppressor. Also get more kills out of a clip on suppressor.....I THINK. Its been a while since I tested it, and ive had a few wines!

I'm pretty sure the Storm Rifle kills faster than the AR, as a regular Storm Rifle user and sometime AR user.
Other'n that, I think you're right.
#30skullsukkerPosted 12/5/2012 6:25:54 AM
they are efficient killers in cqb.