Just played spartan ops online for the first time...

#11abel13111Posted 12/5/2012 1:59:25 PM
Ah yes the spartan ops lag. I have to pretty much predict every move I make before I make it! I read somewhere though that the reason it's so bad is because of the co-op netcode they use. Unlike with regular multiplayer, you got all these different AI's running around. So Everything has to be sychronized to the host's xbox. If they ran with matchmaking netcode, it'd be smoother, but you'd have constant gamecrashes because of the....actually screw it. Found the article in my bookmarks bar, good read.

http://cruellegaceyproductions.com/2012/11/26/halo-4-spartan-ops-and-co-op-lag-explained/
---
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain
#12tarzanmxPosted 12/5/2012 2:02:51 PM
I could usually cope with it, but today I just had to quit. Things were moving at, like, 15 FPS? The moment the Fuel Rod Elites showed up in a big bunch with s lot of Needler Jackals behind them and everything went to 8 or so FPS I just couldn't bear it anymore.
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.