Canadian Gamers Are Better Than American Gamers

#191Brave_VesperiaPosted 12/6/2012 3:31:04 PM
Why did this go from a topic about gamers to a topic about war history?
---
Go Vancouver Canucks Go
Hockey meets Soccer/Football - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIC2u-S6_M8&feature=plcp
#192bd0g5Posted 12/6/2012 3:31:49 PM
iRGush posted...
bd0g5 posted...
lderivedx posted...
i dont get you americans. youre sorry that i am superior to you in every way? this is why i cant take you serious.

Fun fact: he's not American.

I think he's the 3rd person to call me an american ITT

ur not?

I don't think so mate.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#193iRGushPosted 12/6/2012 3:34:13 PM
bd0g5 posted...
iRGush posted...
bd0g5 posted...
lderivedx posted...
i dont get you americans. youre sorry that i am superior to you in every way? this is why i cant take you serious.

Fun fact: he's not American.

I think he's the 3rd person to call me an american ITT

ur not?

I don't think so mate.

lmao this closet canadian right here
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#194Brave_VesperiaPosted 12/6/2012 3:37:54 PM
SirenHunter posted...
Hockey? you're like the only country who plays. UK has a bigger free health service. US a bigger army. You lose!

Actually hockey is played by a lot of countries (theres a tournament for it in the Olympics, if you didnt notice) and certainly more countries that play american Handegg and Baseball. But nice try.
---
Go Vancouver Canucks Go
Hockey meets Soccer/Football - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIC2u-S6_M8&feature=plcp
#195XeroShinobiPosted 12/6/2012 3:39:12 PM
Dutcheh posted...
Without any formal argument how can any of this be true? Simply stating that an entire country is better than another without any evidence of why is just obnoxious and only promotes fighting.

For there to be an accurate number you would need the total population that plays from each country, factor in the number you wish to look at in terms of "skill", more than not it would have to be W/L, because K/D really doesn't measure anything unless were talking strictly slayer, and then run statistics on all of this information while controlling for other confounds.

You would also need to figure who Canadians, Americans, or English face every single match. If they are facing someone from their own country, how can you measure that another country is better when you are beating your own countrymen?

Example today, I absolutely stomped two polish guys in Oddball today, what did they say after the match? "oh connection let you win" as well as comments "343 is American so they only care about those connections" ._.

TL;DR, if you say your country is better, I would love to see why you think so.

Well, the Polish guys did have a point. It's extremely rare for a non-American to be host in a game if there are people from different countries in a game and at least one of them is in the United States.

I've tested this myself. Me and a friend would play co-op campaign and Spartan Ops together, and we both know for a fact that I have a better connection (better download and upload) and he was host 90% of the time. I'm Canadian, he's American.

I'm pretty sure the game determines host by simple ping measurement; the person with the best ping to the matchmaking server is the host. This gives Americans a huge advantage, as the matchmaking servers are in the United States.
---
Currently playing: not much
#196Ubergrim3Posted 12/6/2012 3:51:41 PM
American hockey teams are better than Canadian hockey teams.

OH YEA, I JUST WENT THERE. COME AT ME, CANADA!!!
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#197Brave_VesperiaPosted 12/6/2012 3:54:26 PM
Ubergrim3 posted...

Too Obvious attempt at trolling / 10
---
Go Vancouver Canucks Go
#198Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/6/2012 3:56:32 PM
Brave_Vesperia posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...

same with you calling REAL football, American Handegg

also the same could be said about this post :)
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#199Brave_VesperiaPosted 12/6/2012 3:58:51 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Brave_Vesperia posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...

same with you calling REAL football, American Handegg

also the same could be said about this post :)

I wasnt trolling. I call it "Handegg" because you use your hands more than feet (so the word "foot" isnt neccessary") and the ball looks like an egg. I wasnt making fun of it. Good try though.
---
Go Vancouver Canucks Go
#200SirenHunterPosted 12/6/2012 4:07:49 PM
Brave_Vesperia posted...
SirenHunter posted...
Hockey? you're like the only country who plays. UK has a bigger free health service. US a bigger army. You lose!

Actually hockey is played by a lot of countries (theres a tournament for it in the Olympics, if you didnt notice) and certainly more countries that play american Handegg and Baseball. But nice try.

Actually I do not play 'American hand egg', because I am English and English sports have gone worldwide, but like I said earlier, I didn't invent these sports so I'm not taking pride, just saying...