/topic
---
Indianapolis Colts - Season Record 8-4
Next Game: Tennessee Titans
#202Brave_VesperiaPosted 12/6/2012 4:18:04 PM
SirenHunter posted...
Brave_Vesperia posted...
SirenHunter posted...
Hockey? you're like the only country who plays. UK has a bigger free health service. US a bigger army. You lose!

Actually hockey is played by a lot of countries (theres a tournament for it in the Olympics, if you didnt notice) and certainly more countries that play american Handegg and Baseball. But nice try.

Actually I do not play 'American hand egg', because I am English and English sports have gone worldwide, but like I said earlier, I didn't invent these sports so I'm not taking pride, just saying...

Saying that Canada is "like the only country who plays" it was stupid so I just wanted to correct you. That is all. <3
---
Go Vancouver Canucks Go
Hockey meets Soccer/Football - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIC2u-S6_M8&feature=plcp
#203And2foshoPosted 12/6/2012 4:22:39 PM
To recap:

Canada is currently winning, because we actually have a stable economy, and enough jobs for everyone. Also, we're better at hockey, and we won the War of 1812. Not to mention the lower obesity rate, and the fact that people around the world believe us to be one of the Nicest nations (despite the cold).

All America really has is Obama...damn i'm jealous
---
Indianapolis Colts - Season Record 8-4
Next Game: Tennessee Titans
#204SahdukPosted 12/6/2012 7:08:56 PM
---
"LITH WHY WOULD YOU TELEPORT ME UNDER THE FLOOR?"
im gud :3 telepot u
#205Killean_Nuggets(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:32:17 PM(edited)
phantasmplus posted...

I don't really see what this has to do with Canadians being better than Americans at Halo.

But if you want to talk about 1812, the British empire was in numerous wars with other empires (notice the term empires) at the time, wars which were a lot closer to home and involving colonies that were a lot more valuable than America. Despite America becoming a sovereign nation the British empire won the other wars they were involved in, which were of more importance. Essentially this made them unrivaled in terms of influence in the world and maintained its most valuable colonies. In reality America was lucky that the British empire had more pressing matters than to stop an uprising at a new colony. The British empire at the time didn't need another war and essentially let America go, their main goal at the time with regards to North America was to ensure Canada remained untouched by the war.

So, I suppose in summery:
Americans should be very grateful to the French for the major part they played in America becoming a sovereign nation.
Canadians should be very grateful to the British for the fact they aren't part of the US.

But like I previously said, none of that has much to do with the discussions on why Canadians are better Halo players than Americans, so I don't really understand why you brought it up.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#206OLDBOYviciousPosted 12/6/2012 7:47:44 PM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
phantasmplus posted...

I don't really see what this has to do with Canadians being better than Americans at Halo.

But if you want to talk about 1812, the British empire was in numerous wars with other empires (notice the term empires) at the time, wars which were a lot closer to home and involving colonies that were a lot more valuable than America. Despite America becoming a sovereign nation the British empire won the other wars they were involved in, which were of more importance. Essentially this made them unrivaled in terms of influence in the world and maintained its most valuable colonies. In reality America was lucky that the British empire had more pressing matters than to stop an uprising at a new colony. The British empire at the time didn't need another war and essentially let America go, their main goal at the time with regards to North America was to ensure Canada remained untouched by the war.

So, I suppose in summery:
Americans should be very grateful to the French for the major part they played in America becoming a sovereign nation.
Canadians should be very grateful to the British for the fact they aren't part of the US.

But like I previously said, none of that has much to do with the discussions on why Canadians are better Halo players than Americans, so I don't really understand why you brought it up.

you have a good understanding of history, is it a hobby of yours, or are you a history major? - There is a really cool show called Connections, hosted by James Burke that ran for 3 seasons on BBC a while ago, if you really like history, you should check it out, and I recommend starting with season one, it goes chronologically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcSxL8GUn-g

and yes, this topic is derailed haha
---
Kids, you gotta keep your meat ice cold!
#207Brave_VesperiaPosted 12/6/2012 7:54:07 PM
Lets be honest here, the topic title itself was just openly inviting ragers and trolls.
---
Go Vancouver Canucks Go
Hockey meets Soccer/Football - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIC2u-S6_M8&feature=plcp
#208VarietyofGamezPosted 12/7/2012 4:28:40 AM
And2fosho posted...
To recap:

Canada is currently winning, because we actually have a stable economy, and enough jobs for everyone. Also, we're better at hockey, and we won the War of 1812. Not to mention the lower obesity rate, and the fact that people around the world believe us to be one of the Nicest nations (despite the cold).

All America really has is Obama...damn i'm jealous

'nuff said
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
#209Killean_Nuggets(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 11:28:14 AM
you have a good understanding of history, is it a hobby of yours, or are you a history major?

Nah, not really either of them. I will look into things that interest me and after hearing a lot from a certain diabetic (<3) about 1812 I thought I would read into it. Too me there had to be mitigating factors as to why that "war" turned out the way it did. I would have found it very hard to believe that a new colony would be able to break away from the largest empire the world has ever seen, without there being other major factors. It just wouldn't add up.

I will look into those videos you posted at some point though, thanks.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#210crazycloysterPosted 12/7/2012 11:48:52 AM
Canada vs USA 4v4s?

I'm on the Canada side btw
---
"...Now it is you you have made a bold charge across the neutral zone..."