So like... how many spartan ops missions re there going to be

#1GGearXPosted 12/6/2012 5:03:05 AM(edited)
So like I'm on the 1st episode and I see like ,5 so how many are in like a season?

Woops, I meant like, "are" in the topic title.
My phone is like all wonkey and stuff right now.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\)
.............I'm a very shy boy ...
#2__Fiale__Posted 12/6/2012 5:05:17 AM(edited)
With a lil luck? None.
---
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Skies of Arcadia
#3GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:07:14 AM
__Fiale__ posted...
With a lil luck? None.

What? I like, cant understand what you just said.
---
#4DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 12/6/2012 5:16:01 AM(edited)
__Fiale__ posted...
With a lil luck? None.

I kind of agree. Spartan Ops is... not really all that fun... or at least the missions arent. Like the videos are cool and everything, but the missions themselves are the same maps copy-pasted over and over with different enemy spawns, and they play nowhere near as well as Firefight did. With 4 players it becomes absurdely easy, even on Legendary, the infinite lives are pretty stupid too. You want a real example of how to do Cooperative multiplayer, look at Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.

With this game though, honestly you'll get a far better multiplayer experience out of just playing Campaign with someone, spartan ops is just there so 343 can throw out some kind of "update" every week that makes it look like they're paying attention to the community, despite constant outcry that Firefight was better and a complete lack of patches for SERIOUS issues like the Boltshot Cancel and balance issues like the lack of reliable counters against active Camo and the DMR still being far superior to almost every other possible spawn weapon.
#5ChangliniPosted 12/6/2012 5:15:36 AM
To answer that question; supposedly fifty episodes.
---
The refurbish NER, oh how you've redeemed me.
Walker, you're here because you wanted to be something you're not, a hero ~Konrad
#6GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:18:06 AM
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...
__Fiale__ posted...
With a lil luck? None.

I kind of agree. Spartan Ops is... not really all that fun... or at least the missions arent. Like the videos are cool and everything, but the missions themselves are the same maps copy-pasted over and over with different enemy spawns, and they play nowhere near as well as Firefight did. With 4 players it becomes absurdely easy, even on Legendary, the infinite lives are pretty stupid too. You want a real example of how to do Cooperative multiplayer, look at Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.

With this game though, honestly you'll get a far better multiplayer experience out of just playing Campaign with someone, spartan ops is just there so 343 can throw out some kind of "update" every week that makes it look like they're paying attention to the community, despite constant outcry that Firefight was better and a complete lack of patches for SERIOUS issues like the Boltshot Cancel and balance issues like the lack of reliable counters against active Camo and the DMR still being far superior to almost every other possible spawn weapon.

Same maps? Like what do you mean, I'm like barely on the first ep.
---
#7VoidBeyondPosted 12/6/2012 5:21:53 AM
There are 5 missions per episode and there will be 10 episodes gathering up to 50 missions. Possible season 2, no one knows.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#8DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 12/6/2012 5:29:41 AM(edited)
I mean Spartan Ops week 2 uses some of the same maps as week 1 did, but this time YOU'RE FIGHTING PROMETHEANS INSTEAD OF COVENANT. Week 3 will put you on a map from week 2, BUT THIS TIME YOU HAVE A WARTHOG, ect. The last episode of week 5 ends with Quarry, the same map of the first mission, but THIS TIME WE'RE GONNA DROP A TON OF SPARTAN LASERS AND HUNTERS!

It's cheap lazy copy-pasting with a spawn editor that's probably easier to do than making a good Forge map.
#9SunDevil77Posted 12/6/2012 5:34:32 AM
Wah, wah no fun.
Can gamers not be grateful at all these days?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#10DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 12/6/2012 5:36:29 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Wah, wah no fun.
Can gamers not be grateful at all these days?

When you pay $60-$80 for a game nowadays, especially in an economy like this, you have a right to be angry when they half-ass all the cool stuff they said they were going to have.