So like... how many spartan ops missions re there going to be

#11Kcrone1988Posted 12/6/2012 5:41:45 AM
I enjoy Spartan Ops I think it gives 343 the oppurtunity to flesh out the story and provide some filler and additional entertainment to go with MP and get us to H5.

My biggest gripe is that over the course of the first 25 episodes/missions/W/E you play on like 5 maps.

Personally I would have liked the mission "it just got worse" to be me diasbling the cruiser and not shadow team. Use a map from Reach or H3 IDGAF just change it up and give me a reason to be excited to play it.

I don't have an issue with go and turn this on go turn that on at least it gives some flow to the episode.
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)
#12GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:42:59 AM
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Wah, wah no fun.
Can gamers not be grateful at all these days?

When you pay $60-$80 for a game nowadays, especially in an economy like this, you have a right to be angry when they half-ass all the cool stuff they said they were going to have.

But then again spartan ops is like, free right? All seasons.... i think.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\)
.............I'm a very shy boy ...
#13kollie89Posted 12/6/2012 5:47:07 AM
I believe I read somewhere that they already had a season 2 and 3 confirmed, I dont understand why people dont like it as much as firefight, its fun for what it is, its not suppose to be something that you just play over and over again, its a story driven gametype, and people crying that it uses the same maps over and over dont get it, they story involves things happening in those areas, so it makes sense they have to go to that area to do something again, depending on the story goes they will probably have something else happen and in a new season have another set of areas the story will be focused around
#14DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 12/6/2012 5:49:42 AM(edited)
Yes, Spartan Ops is completely free (you need Xbox Live Gold to play, but I'm assuming most people with Xbox's have that anyway). However it was advertised as a big feature of the game before release and still is. People buying the game for that reason are going to be a bit dissapointed when it's nowhere near as good as good as they made it look and isn't as fun to replay as firefight. It's not "bad" per say... but I stand by what I said about just playing campaign for a good co-op experience instead of Spartan Ops.
#15RaiziellPosted 12/6/2012 5:48:41 AM
like...like...like...like... Please new generation, stop talking like this. I am only 26, but I may already want to leave this world if people comtinue to use "like" before every phrase!

P.s. I like the Ops missions, it's a nice little detraction from the old Firefight gametype, and a fun co-op continuation. From what I recall, there will be 10 Episodes, with 5 missions each.
#16deathrow93Posted 12/6/2012 5:50:12 AM
Has nobody else notice that the TC is putting "like" in random parts of his posts. It's as if he is writing posts the same way he would talk.
#17Nintendo_toPosted 12/6/2012 5:51:11 AM
deathrow93 posted...
Has nobody else notice that the TC is putting "like" in random parts of his posts. It's as if he is writing posts the same way he would talk.

Yes, it's lovely.
#18DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 12/6/2012 6:02:27 AM(edited)
kollie89 posted...
I believe I read somewhere that they already had a season 2 and 3 confirmed, I dont understand why people dont like it as much as firefight, its fun for what it is, its not suppose to be something that you just play over and over again, its a story driven gametype, and people crying that it uses the same maps over and over dont get it, they story involves things happening in those areas, so it makes sense they have to go to that area to do something again, depending on the story goes they will probably have something else happen and in a new season have another set of areas the story will be focused around

I think you answered your own question there. It's not meant to be played over and over again... thats the problem. People want good co-operative multiplayer (because let's face it, there's only so much you can take of "competetive" players in a week before you hate humanity.) but Spartan Ops doesn't fill that void adequately. Spartan Ops is that thing people log in on Monday to do, then don't bother touching ever again until the next episode is out. You play it once then done. Firefight for whatever reason never felt like that. You could play Firefight every day of the week and not get sick of it. In a weird sense the writing (albeit not very good) behind Spartan Ops makes it alot easier to feel like you've been there done that already than I ever felt making up my own stories for defending areas in Firefight.
Not to mention that Halo Reach's Firefight on Heroic was a MUCH better challenge difficulty wise than Spartan Ops is even on Legendary. The balancing for 4 players was done extremely poorly, as if all the levels and enemy spawns were only designed for 1, maybe 2 players. With 4 everything just dies in a hail of bullets. The infinite lives remove ALOT of the tension Firefight Limited had too. Especially when you get players in matchmaking who's main tactic is to spam greandes, die for more grenades, then spam them again.
#19SunDevil77Posted 12/6/2012 5:53:35 AM
GGearX posted...
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Wah, wah no fun.
Can gamers not be grateful at all these days?

When you pay $60-$80 for a game nowadays, especially in an economy like this, you have a right to be angry when they half-ass all the cool stuff they said they were going to have.

But then again spartan ops is like, free right? All seasons.... i think.

Exactly. It's free. It continues the story (even if it's not the most complex plot in the world) and it's a blast with 3 buddies, imo.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#20GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:56:28 AM
Raiziell posted...
like...like...like...like... Please new generation, stop talking like this. I am only 26, but I may already want to leave this world if people comtinue to use "like" before every phrase!

P.s. I like the Ops missions, it's a nice little detraction from the old Firefight gametype, and a fun co-op continuation. From what I recall, there will be 10 Episodes, with 5 missions each.

Like, what's your problem man? If you like, wanna judge, I'll judge you as well.
You don't spell Continue "Comtinue", get it?
C-O-N-T-I-N-U-E
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\)
.............I'm a very shy boy ...