343 confirms a gameplay patch is in the works, predict viable changes...

#1Ruins FatePosted 12/6/2012 12:29:58 PM
Anyone have guesses on what types of buffs and nerfs 343 deals out in the gameplay patch (sounds like its still a few months off)?

Things I wouldn't mind..

1. Increased damage on BR making it superior at mid-range to the DMR.

2. Slightly decreased ROF of DMR.

3. Fixed boltshot reload glitch.

4. Increased the boost provided by the Thruster Pack (not huge, but some).

5. Increased damage on prometheon grenades.

6. Made scattershot more consistent.

7. Damage boost to spartan laser, restoring it close to Halo 3 power.

Your ideas?
---
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
#2MrIpoPosted 12/6/2012 12:31:32 PM
These would be nice changes..

what is the bolt shot reload glitch? I know nothing of this.
#3ODommPosted 12/6/2012 12:34:22 PM
All of these, please.
I laugh at the people who sold this game because of the broken aspects.
And I will continue to laugh as they watch Halo 4 become the perfect Halo game they wish they still had.

343 has already stated that multiple title updates are slated for the next couple months.
They're doing weekly playlists (COUGH ****ING COUGH BUNGIES DOUBLE XP WEEKENDS, IDIOTS. YOU ALL LOVED THOSE SOOOOO MUCH, WHY HATE 343's SYSTEM?) that keep weekly interest in the game. They are already balancing weapons, something BUNGIE NEVER DID

Honestly, 343 looks like it is going to have better community interaction with their players than Bungie did. Next step is getting the File Browser and 343 favorites working and putting up votings for weekly playlists on Waypoint
---
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 58/190 Dominion wins
#4sew182Posted 12/6/2012 12:35:18 PM
Probably increase damage on all automatic weapons, decrease damage on all mid-long range precision weapons, make assassination animation twice as long, increase all vehicle damage, disable all small maps....basically, continue to make the game even more random/chaotic and easier for noobs to do ok and "have fun" while simultaneously removing any chance of this being a competitive game.
#5sonofkorolPosted 12/6/2012 12:36:26 PM
Decrease spread for Carbine to make it compete with DMR and BR
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#6Caolan_2k9Posted 12/6/2012 12:37:06 PM
I'm happy as long as the br is actually able to compete with the dmr.
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#7SunDevil77Posted 12/6/2012 12:37:08 PM
Grunts are playable in MP
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#8Vincent_CorePosted 12/6/2012 12:38:33 PM
Increase in damage for the plasma pistol. Getting the commendation for it is a pain in the ass.
---
Learn to fight against your weak side and you'll naturally become stronger.
#9IcrossfireIPosted 12/6/2012 12:41:53 PM
ODomm posted...
All of these, please.
And I will continue to laugh as they watch Halo 4 become the perfect Halo game they wish they still had.

343 has already stated that multiple title updates are slated for the next couple months.
They're doing weekly playlists (COUGH ****ING COUGH BUNGIES DOUBLE XP WEEKENDS, IDIOTS. YOU ALL LOVED THOSE SOOOOO MUCH, WHY HATE 343's SYSTEM?) that keep weekly interest in the game. They are already balancing weapons, something BUNGIE NEVER DID

Honestly, 343 looks like it is going to have better community interaction with their players than Bungie did. Next step is getting the File Browser and 343 favorites working and putting up votings for weekly playlists on Waypoint

Well...Bungie didn't have to balance any weapons. The game was fine because it didn't have an abundance of random weapons. Unless you mean upping the usefulness of say, the brute spikers, to make them worth picking up.
---
cR Crossfire
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 12/6/2012 12:44:32 PM
ODomm posted...
All of these, please.

Honestly, if it's going to take months to get Halo to where it needs to be, there's really no defending it. I don't think it's horrible, but it's not quite good either, but it's workable into something good down the road. However, I wouldn't hold it against anyone who actually sold the game as there's too many games this holiday season, DLC, quality games from last year still being played online, and such, to look at this as a singular form of entertainment and wait months for fixes.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels