The Didact isn't the ancient evil *spoilers*

#1thedeerzordPosted 12/6/2012 7:23:25 PM
I halo waypoint the summary for Halo:Silentium was released.

I found the summary on Halopedia.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Silentium

So from what I read, The Didact isn't the ancients evil that we all thought.
---
I'm going to declare independence from the U.S. Then I'm going to shoot myself. Creating the shortest civil war in the history of man kind.
#2VoidBeyondPosted 12/6/2012 7:27:18 PM
Yes he is. That's why the tag line for Halo 4 was 'An Ancient Evil Awakens" and, as far as I know, no other human hating, force using, 100 thousand year old Alien awoke during the course of the game other than the Didact.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#3ODommPosted 12/6/2012 7:29:05 PM
We already knew that the Flood were going to come back in some form, as it was said that Halo 5 was to be the darkest Halo game in the series.
I don't know much about the Primordial after reading that summary because I just don't know much Halo lore in general, but it seems he is going to be the next main enemy.
Being a Gravemind, that means he is bringing the Flood with him, possibly to Earth again.
We'll just have to wait and see, maybe I should read the novels...
---
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 60/240 Dominion wins
#4pblimp360Posted 12/6/2012 7:36:38 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
Yes he is. That's why the tag line for Halo 4 was 'An Ancient Evil Awakens" and, as far as I know, no other human hating, force using, 100 thousand year old Alien awoke during the course of the game other than the Didact.

Well technically, the Chief had that latent power awakened inside of him by the Librarian, and according to her, his DNA and such was stored after the fall of man by the Didact centuries before that. So he is ancient as well.

Just saying.
---
#Halo 4
#5Microwave_OvenPosted 12/6/2012 7:36:58 PM
Insane Evil =/= Ancient Evil

Insane Evil is clearly the flood and their unexpected ally (precursor?) since the obvious conflict at the time is the spread of the flood
---
GT: Thumtac
I am the sole voice of reason
#6VoidBeyondPosted 12/6/2012 8:15:06 PM
pblimp360 posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

Well technically, the Chief had that latent power awakened inside of him by the Librarian, and according to her, his DNA and such was stored after the fall of man by the Didact centuries before that. So he is ancient as well.

Just saying.

343 has said that the Ancient Evil will push Chief to his limits and all that jazz so unless Chief turns into Isaac Clarke, I doubt he is his own enemy
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#7Hockeyking89Posted 12/6/2012 8:29:20 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
343 has said that the Ancient Evil will push Chief to his limits and all that jazz so unless Chief turns into Isaac Clarke, I doubt he is his own enemy

Wouldn't that be a plot twist.

"Chief, John! Wake up!" "My name is Isaac!"

We get to hear Cortana still speaking to us throughout the next two games, even though she's dead.
---
Shepard: "I'll dance next to you. If you wanna think we're dancing together, go ahead."
#8Echoe_ACPosted 12/6/2012 8:32:05 PM
Reading too much into it. Although all that stuff about the Primordial is cool, and I will definitely read into it later, the "Ancient Evil Awakens" tagline definitely refers to the Didact being released. Its silly to think it doesn't, but refers to events that are not mentioned in any way shape or form throughout the whole game.
#9Nintendo_toPosted 12/6/2012 8:35:20 PM
When it shows that, "An ancient Evil awakens," it also shows the Didact's glyph (Forerunner language) turning upside down. I think it's suggesting that he is rejecting the mantle, ancient Forerunner religion that is supposed to protect lower species. imho.
#10BillyBob_21Posted 12/6/2012 8:43:43 PM
The Didact is one of the ancient evils. Also look into the precursors. One of them is THE ancient evil according to the books.