Exile Side, Win or Lose ?

#1MorbiosoPosted 12/6/2012 8:33:07 PM
I am finding a trend on the Exile map, that almost seems to determine who wins or loses. Maybe it's just my luck, I have no idea.

Basically, 1 team starts on the side with a vehicle garage, Banshee to the Upper left, Scorpion to the right. The other is more in the open, vehicles are outside.

It seems the team that starts with the vehicle garage always wins. Doesn't matter which side I am on, Whoever starts there, wins. Usually because they get a huge lead in the first minute or 2.

Has anyone else noticed this ?
#2Who_ate_the_piePosted 12/6/2012 8:34:31 PM
Starting as blue team is the best in my experience. You get the Gauss Hog and can still contest the Scorpion if the other team gets to it first.
---
I don't care.
#3Morbioso(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:38:58 PM
Maybe that's what it is. I didn't realize that was a gauss Hog, and I find if I don't jump on a hog, my team often just leaves them there for some reason. That's what I needed to know.
#412345sniperz123Posted 12/6/2012 8:41:36 PM
Incorrect, it's whatever team I am on.

loses. xD
---
"It was plenty warm and I was farting continuously under the sheet, creating a kind of greenhouse effect." -Dwight
#5Morbioso(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:42:59 PM
I always have a good personal score on that map, but yea, always lose when Blue, wasn't sure why.
#6Morbioso(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:43:00 PM
I always have a good personal score on that map, but yea, always lose when Blue, wasn't sure why.
#7MAZZA69Posted 12/6/2012 8:55:16 PM
For some reason I always get put on blue team and I always drive my friend around in the gauss hog. Got 30 wheelman assists a few games ago lol. We also win 95% of the time.
#8Paragon049Posted 12/6/2012 8:56:29 PM
It's impossible for blue team to lose if the team is even semi-competent. If someone gets on a mongoose and heads for the scorpion right away, they actually get there before anyone on red team can. Not to mention how ridiculous the gauss hog is. Both teams have an equal shot to get the banshee (Actually, if blue team goes up the right side of the map from their spawn with the gauss hog, they can kill anybody trying to go for the banshee on red team), but it's not like it matters since the banshee is garbage in this game.

The map itself is fine right now, but the vehicle placement seriously needs to be reworked. IMO, the gauss hog and scorpion should be removed, and both teams should get a rocket hog instead.
---
YOU PAID FOR THE WHOLE SEAT, BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE
#9MAZZA69Posted 12/6/2012 8:59:24 PM
There's gotta be at least one map with a gauss hog and/or scorpion, and since exile is the only map with either of those vehicles, I don't see that happening.
#10YellowPurplePosted 12/6/2012 9:36:36 PM
Blue team seriously can't lose on that map if they're at least a little competent.