Didact/Librarian what? (Spoilers)

#1Tenjou_MusouPosted 12/7/2012 12:02:22 AM
After watching all terminals and reading the wikis I'm still slightly confused

Didact was the one who fired the Halos right after defeating Mendicant Bias. But then he was imprisoned by the Librarian who should have died after the activation of the halos.

So how did he get imprisoned? And why did he fired the halo when he was against it in the first place?
---
s2gaki =J
"You should cool down. This website is called GameFrequentlyAskedQuestions after all!" - Ishagu 27/10/09
#2VoidBeyondPosted 12/7/2012 12:08:08 AM
Because there were two Didact's
Assumed that;
Bornstellar-Didact fired the rings
Ur-Didact was the one in Halo 4
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#3AlchemicSpartanPosted 12/7/2012 12:12:23 AM
Tenjou_Musou posted...
After watching all terminals and reading the wikis I'm still slightly confused

Didact was the one who fired the Halos right after defeating Mendicant Bias. But then he was imprisoned by the Librarian who should have died after the activation of the halos.

So how did he get imprisoned? And why did he fired the halo when he was against it in the first place?

If you pay attention to Spartan Ops, they hint at the Librarian being alive still.
---
Xbox GT: AlchemicSpartan
Pokemon Black: Dizzy - 3826 5358 7980
#4SRR CapdownPosted 12/7/2012 12:13:13 AM
Yeah, the original Didact and his clone. Original (or Ur-) was previously executed in the books, but H4 has retconned it and had him imprisoned on Requiem instead.

Bornstellar, his clone, took his place in Forerunner society and was much less extreme, especially with regards to Humanity. He was the one who activated the Halo Array.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#5Waldofoo20XXPosted 12/7/2012 12:23:50 AM
I'm pretty sure bornstellar was the halo 4 villain? The original didact was executed, after having assisted in providing bornstellars second form...
#6Tenjou_Musou(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:25:36 AM
Ok sooooo Bornstellar Didact who fired the Halo rings is now dead after firing them right?

Ur-Didact who was meant to be executed but was brought back alive to fill in the plot is the one Master Chief finds on Requiem?

So in the Halo 4 terminals the Didact that was shot at and imprisoned by the Librarian was the Ur-Didact?
---
s2gaki =J
"You should cool down. This website is called GameFrequentlyAskedQuestions after all!" - Ishagu 27/10/09
#7Waldofoo20XXPosted 12/7/2012 12:27:42 AM
Now I'm confused... and I read the book!

I loved the campaign for the settings... but the story really isn't made very clear
#8jihadwarriorPosted 12/7/2012 12:32:37 AM
SRR Capdown posted...
Yeah, the original Didact and his clone. Original (or Ur-) was previously executed in the books, but H4 has retconned it and had him imprisoned on Requiem instead.

Bornstellar, his clone, took his place in Forerunner society and was much less extreme, especially with regards to Humanity. He was the one who activated the Halo Array.

Okay, I was unaware of the retcon and I assumed it was Bornstellar the whole time, and The Librarian remotely activated via The Ark after she imprisoned him. My retcon makes much more sense, Where the hell is Bornstellar at when all the composing of humans is going on?
---
Now if you'll excuse me, Im goin scuba diving with Chris Tucker and Aqua Man.---
D3 Hero Profile-http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rambro-1133/hero/4077328
#9Tenjou_Musou(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:43:09 AM
Ok I dont know what has been retconned or what but I just watched the Halo 4 terminals again which leaves more questions!

In the terminal after the Librarian shoots Didact (the one with 6 fingers) she begins her monologue which specifically says "In the days to come, the Halo rings will fire"

??????

On wiki and this forum the general belief was that the Didact fired the Halo but he was already imprisoned by then, so who fired the bloody thing?!

Two Didacts running around during the end of the Forerunners?

This is too confusing
---
s2gaki =J
#10Demigod_ElessarPosted 12/7/2012 12:57:52 AM
We were just talking about this in another topic...

I believe that the Halo 4 Didact is Bornstellar. Here is the topic I made awhile ago about it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64566976

That, plus, Silentium is going to have the Ur-Didact as a main character, with no information whatsoever about Bornstellar. Which leads me to believe the Librarian betraying Bornstellar took place between Primordium and Silentium; and then the Ur-Didact comes back in SIlentium, and is the one to ultimately fire the Halo arrays.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards, and as a gamertag)