Didact/Librarian what? (Spoilers)

#21o5pr3yPosted 12/7/2012 5:12:50 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
Echoe_AC posted...
Basically the Halo you know and love is gone, replaced with a canon-contradicting storyline that is really pretty lame.

Nothing is contradictory. Aside from the Halo: Reach/Fall of Reach but that was before 343i managed to get ahold of Halo. They own and oversee EVERYTHING that has to do with Halo, unlike Bungie who really didn't care that much. They've set the story line up to run as perfectly as it can. Don't blame them because you're ignorant.

Bungie cared. They just said they're consider the books canon unless it did something ridiculous, (ie Johnson being biologically immune to the flood), in which case that would be retconned.

What Bungie didn't do was expect you to know all the books ahead of time. They made very self contained stories that had nods to the books.
---
GT: Ninja Gunpants
#22Nacht004Posted 12/7/2012 6:44:59 AM
As was stated; The Halo 4 Didact we know is Born Steller who was imprisoned for his actions. There was never a retcon on Ur-Didact's status because it was never confirmed that he was dead in the first place, just that the Master Builder "dealt" with him. It was implied likely, but never confirmed, and if we've ever learned anything from TV it's that a person isn't dead until there's a body.

After the imprisonment, the Ur-Didact must have been retrieved or something, allowing himself to be the one who would eventually fire the Halo rings.
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
#23LordDamien27Posted 12/7/2012 7:43:40 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
Echoe_AC posted...
Basically the Halo you know and love is gone, replaced with a canon-contradicting storyline that is really pretty lame.

Nothing is contradictory. Aside from the Halo: Reach/Fall of Reach but that was before 343i managed to get ahold of Halo. They own and oversee EVERYTHING that has to do with Halo, unlike Bungie who really didn't care that much. They've set the story line up to run as perfectly as it can. Don't blame them because you're ignorant.

Ignoring EU fanfic crap is what a company SHOULD do. Not try to fit it into existing canon.
---
Dibs called on Phosphora - 4/2/12
#24VoidBeyondPosted 12/7/2012 11:11:14 AM
LordDamien27 posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
Echoe_AC posted...

Ignoring EU fanfic crap is what a company SHOULD do. Not try to fit it into existing canon.

It isn't fanfiction when they wanted them to be made. They order and see over everything that is Halo. It doesn't get made unless 343 watches everything to do with it, maybe not with action figures but with books and games, ect.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#25Mu_NovaPosted 12/7/2012 12:10:50 PM
There is no retcon regarding a Didact being alive. Ur-Didact was thought dead but the Master Builder only abandoned him on a Flood-infested world.

Silentium needs to come out already so more people are aware...
---
I am a fan of My Little Pony. You do not have to watch My Little Pony.
#26PoppadopPosted 12/7/2012 6:25:38 PM
o5pr3y posted...
Bungie cared. They just said they're consider the books canon unless it did something ridiculous, (ie Johnson being biologically immune to the flood), in which case that would be retconned.

How is Johnson's Flood immunity ridiculous? The key to Flood infection is the central nervous system, and if Johnson's is sufficiently screwed up, he's immune. The Forerunner Saga even makes it possible that the Flood are choosing not to infect Johnson for some nefarious purpose.

Nacht004 posted...
As was stated; The Halo 4 Didact we know is Born Steller who was imprisoned for his actions.

So you're saying that Bornstellar was the one that Composed all those humans? The one that considered a couple humans his friends? Not the Didact that fought a whole war against humans?
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me