Hosting "Halo 3 Team Slayer" Customs on Halo 4: No Sprint, No Instant Respawn

#11MastaMenace(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 1:18:38 AM
The-Tactician posted...
I always knew Halo 2/3 were so strongly driven by nostalgia, but when is it too far?

It's a custom game. Calm down.
#12jakeDiLLaPosted 12/7/2012 1:28:24 AM
How exactly is this safe to play? Just curious... cuz if I'm reading this right then they modded save files, correct? Anyways H3 is my favorite Halo and I'd love to get in on this.

GT: woke up baked
---
Halo 4 Double XP - sbaked7@gmail.com
#13MastaMenace(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 1:53:25 AM(edited)
jakeDiLLa posted...
How exactly is this safe to play? Just curious... cuz if I'm reading this right then they modded save files, correct? Anyways H3 is my favorite Halo and I'd love to get in on this.

It's a custom game and the only person reliable is the the author of the map,
#14MastaMenace(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 4:04:01 AM
jakeDiLLa posted...

Btw I added you.
#15iRGushPosted 12/7/2012 4:09:48 AM
This game plays terrible without sprint, I've tried other customs. The maps feel even bigger then they are, movement is more sluggish than reach and you lose the ability to make a lot of jumps. This game was designed with sprint in mind, even if its a bad game mechanic, it doesn't really work without it.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#16DSquariusPosted 12/7/2012 4:13:33 AM
iRGush posted...
This game plays terrible without sprint, I've tried other customs. The maps feel even bigger then they are, movement is more sluggish than reach and you lose the ability to make a lot of jumps. This game was designed with sprint in mind, even if its a bad game mechanic, it doesn't really work without it.

What if you turned up movement speed and / or decreased gravity?
---
Get at me
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#17MastaMenace(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 4:15:17 AM
iRGush posted...

1. We play on classic maps
2. Movement speed is increased
3. Learn to crouch jump
4. Please read the OP
#18LordDamien27Posted 12/7/2012 4:36:49 AM
Halo 3 Team Slayer would be AR start. You basically have Team BRs which is fundamentally different from vanilla slayer.
---
Dibs called on Phosphora - 4/2/12
#19iRGushPosted 12/7/2012 4:38:53 AM
MastaMenace posted...
iRGush posted...

3. Learn to crouch jump
4. Please read the OP

Movement speed doesn't help, I played on 120% and 150%, and it wasn't very fun. Fun is subjective to everyone however so enjoy yourself.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#20MastaMenace(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 4:58:31 AM(edited)
iRGush posted...
MastaMenace posted...
iRGush posted...

3. Learn to crouch jump
4. Please read the OP

Movement speed doesn't help, I played on 120% and 150%, and it wasn't very fun. Fun is subjective to everyone however so enjoy yourself.

It helps if you play maps geared for them. You say you cannot make jumps? Maybe play the forge remade classics that are designed with Halo 3 movement. But why bother posting here if you are not going to play?