Bring back Sword Base!

#21SlaveZero40Posted 12/7/2012 10:35:02 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
SlaveZero40 posted...
Both of those terrible S****y maps should never come back.

Abandon and Adrift got it right. Gravity lifts on the edge of the map. Also while having multiple ways of getting to the top floor to kill the camper waiting with a sword or shotgun.

Good riddance of smartly having to walk all the way around the map just to safely get to the top floor.

No more having slow(I should hesitate or the camper will kill me) gameplay.

You hate Sword Base because someone camps in the Lift Room?

I hate sword base because it's a main tactic in every single game.
I hate sword base because it's big height wise, and took forever to travel all the way upstairs.
I hate Sword Base because it took forever to get to a certain room on the map.
The only good thing about Sword Base is its safe spawns.
The gravity lift in the middle of the map was safe to certain extent as long as the enemy team continues to camp in that one gravity room.

Sword base is inferior to Countdown because at least on Countdown it doesn't take forever to get to a certain part of the map.

Most games, the majority of the map isn't even used due to people being in that cluster f*** of the map with the lift. Most dumba$$es will completely ignore the grenade launcher.

Once a team gives the campers a Sword or Shotgun- it's game over.

The Needler is useless on that map-top floor.
---
I've gotten my new Halo game. Now prey the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM
#22jwhudexnlsPosted 12/7/2012 10:37:10 AM
Are there any anchor 9 remakes? I loved that map.
#23SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/7/2012 10:43:12 AM
SlaveZero40 posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
SlaveZero40 posted...
Both of those terrible S****y maps should never come back.

Abandon and Adrift got it right. Gravity lifts on the edge of the map. Also while having multiple ways of getting to the top floor to kill the camper waiting with a sword or shotgun.

Good riddance of smartly having to walk all the way around the map just to safely get to the top floor.

No more having slow(I should hesitate or the camper will kill me) gameplay.

You hate Sword Base because someone camps in the Lift Room?

I hate sword base because it's a main tactic in every single game.
I hate sword base because it's big height wise, and took forever to travel all the way upstairs.
I hate Sword Base because it took forever to get to a certain room on the map.
The only good thing about Sword Base is its safe spawns.
The gravity lift in the middle of the map was safe to certain extent as long as the enemy team continues to camp in that one gravity room.

Sword base is inferior to Countdown because at least on Countdown it doesn't take forever to get to a certain part of the map.

Most games, the majority of the map isn't even used due to people being in that cluster f*** of the map with the lift. Most dumba$$es will completely ignore the grenade launcher.

Once a team gives the campers a Sword or Shotgun- it's game over.

The Needler is useless on that map-top floor.

Depending on where you spawn it actually takes longer to navigate Countdown than Sword Base. In Sword Base you're almost certain to spawn close to a lift (may not be the one you want...), you're almost certain to spawn next to a weapon, and it doesn't take long to get up the stairs at all o.o; The fact that most of the (idiot) teams out there like to camp one or two rooms makes it easier - This was the 4th main Halo MP (assuming you played H1 on the PC), you should know how to take out a couple of campers by now.

This map really is good, you can't let n00bs dictate the pace of the match.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#24SlaveZero40Posted 12/7/2012 11:29:03 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
"Depending on where you spawn it actually takes longer to navigate Countdown than Sword Base. In Sword Base you're almost certain to spawn close to a lift (may not be the one you want...), you're almost certain to spawn next to a weapon, and it doesn't take long to get up the stairs at all o.o; The fact that most of the (idiot) teams out there like to camp one or two rooms makes it easier - This was the 4th main Halo MP (assuming you played H1 on the PC), you should know how to take out a couple of campers by now.

This map really is good, you can't let n00bs dictate the pace of the match."

In Countdown, the only slow part in that map is when an enemy team is upstairs by the two lifts near the sword spawn, but it isn't as much of a problem since it can be twarted by attacking from the top middle and closing in the gap. Hiding is just not as cheaply effective unless the enemy has a sword and sprint.
The downstairs middle open area part of Countdown offers 5 different paths one can take without Jetpack to head up stairs.

Swordbase yeah sure you can take the big lift in the center into the duct but their are campers there too or take the safe lift and hopeto pick off an enemy when they pop out. Lastly, walk all the way around the map starting from the camping lift room and even with sprint it takes a while while my dumb random partners keep getting killed and the match has been decided.
---
I've gotten my new Halo game. Now prey the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM