Havent played Reach or this one yet.

#11bananasandwich1Posted 12/7/2012 6:09:42 PM
SJ_TraNe posted...
skip reach, buy this

This man has obviously been drinking. Reach and Halo 4 are both good except Reach's campaign is way better than Halo 4.
#12TaKun782(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 7:10:05 PM
bananasandwich1 posted...
SJ_TraNe posted...
skip reach, buy this

This man has obviously been drinking. Reach and Halo 4 are both good except Reach's campaign is way better than Halo 4.

And plus i herd that Reach has a very good ending...
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#13Lazy_HaarPosted 12/7/2012 7:16:02 PM
I'll throw in my two cents and say that I enjoyed Reach's campaign quite a bit more than 4's. Halo 3 is still my favorite of the series from this gen, however.
#14Raider0996Posted 12/7/2012 7:17:56 PM
TaKun782 posted...

I didn't like Reach too much overall but I wouldn't say that's a fault of the game; just that it isn't what I wanted in a Halo game (ODST is still my favourite for sheer fun). I would definitely say that Reach is far above 4. Reach, being made by Bungie, didn't really do much to upset the previously established story in the other games and did well in supporting it. Halo 4, made by 343, pretty much disregards everything in previous games given that it was designed under the doctrine of 'we must replace everything Bungie ever did' so you end up with countless changes that are there for no other reason than the sake of change. That said, the writing of the story isn't very great in 4 either and leaves any player confused and wondering what the hell happened. Before anyone says anything, no, books should not factor into the games or be a requirement to them.

I believe Reach will be a much better game for you than 4. If I were you, I'd try 4 before buying it.
---
GamerTag: SirEzhno
#15CKnightPosted 12/8/2012 8:17:11 AM
Raider0996 posted...
TaKun782 posted...

I didn't like Reach too much overall but I wouldn't say that's a fault of the game; just that it isn't what I wanted in a Halo game (ODST is still my favourite for sheer fun). I would definitely say that Reach is far above 4. Reach, being made by Bungie, didn't really do much to upset the previously established story in the other games and did well in supporting it. Halo 4, made by 343, pretty much disregards everything in previous games given that it was designed under the doctrine of 'we must replace everything Bungie ever did' so you end up with countless changes that are there for no other reason than the sake of change. That said, the writing of the story isn't very great in 4 either and leaves any player confused and wondering what the hell happened. Before anyone says anything, no, books should not factor into the games or be a requirement to them.

I believe Reach will be a much better game for you than 4. If I were you, I'd try 4 before buying it.

How did it disregard everything in past games.

Halo 4's campaign picks up where Bungie left Master Chief and uses the past games and novels as the basis of why theres a Halo 4 to begin with.

The multiplayer also builds on what Bungie did in Reach with the jetpacks, camo, holograms, ect. 343 simply made the leap Bungie didnt and gave players full customization of not only their armor but also armor abilities and starting weapons. They took things a step further by adding smaller perks like more ammo, faster ability recharge, infinite sprint and such. They took things even further than that by adding in their own perk system, so instead of racing for the ultimate weapon you can earn it and call one down.

But thats not all, they also add specializations giving players an added level of personalization in look and play style.

The only things missing are the things Bungie themselve left out of Reach such as portables and dual wielding.
#16creasy_bearPosted 12/8/2012 8:20:00 AM
I liked Reach's campaign. Actually I've liked all the campaigns. I just think the Halo stories are interesting. So if you do too then you'll probably like both.

ODST? Can't recommend.
---
Other people need to use this ladder.
#17Protoman_X38Posted 12/8/2012 5:45:19 PM
TaKun782 posted...
Hmm, good responses. I think ill just get both after all. And im just about to play ODST. What should i expect out of that one story wise besides it being short?

Wandering around the city alone at night is pretty cool. It's an alright game. It's also the only campaign in the series that is truly nonlinear.
---
567i3e7oe7klw5seksw5kjw5ejejetyjkretketkje5ykekeke,le6ulke3klke6ululeul
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif