I dont get why everyone say halo is a skill game

#1jpraelsterPosted 12/7/2012 6:19:18 PM
I absolutely suck at cod but am very good at halo and people say cod is the one that DOESNT TAKE SKILL
#2AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/7/2012 6:20:25 PM
it's because you have skill, and you're unable to operate in an environment that lacks skill. You are so on all the time, and you can't turn it off.

you, sir, are a credit to your species.
---
The Reclamation has begun!
#3And2foshoPosted 12/7/2012 6:20:38 PM
It's because COD is a twitch shooter, where usually the people who sees the other people first, wins the 1on1 encounter. Halo rather, is a much more positioning based, accuracy based game.
---
Indianapolis Colts - Season Record 8-4
Next Game: Tennessee Titans
#4jpraelster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 6:21:05 PM
Lol that post made me laugh
#5Scooby510Posted 12/7/2012 6:21:59 PM
you suck at video games
---
GT: Ayy Scooby
#6MR_SNUGGLETONSPosted 12/7/2012 6:23:40 PM
CoD does take very little skill.
---
RAWR!
#7jpraelster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 6:23:57 PM
Scooby510 posted...
you suck at video games

Um no I dont im not good at all games but I have always been able to play halo and enjoy it and not suck
#8SageOfChaosPosted 12/7/2012 6:39:10 PM
ITT: Nothing useful
---
GamerTag: SageOfChaos
PSN ID: Clutch_Jackson
#9Type0HeroPosted 12/7/2012 6:53:34 PM
There is no skill involved in this game, yes... Now I see.
#10The_KiriyamaPosted 12/7/2012 7:00:11 PM
MR_SNUGGLETONS posted...
CoD does take very little skill.

While I don't particularly like CoD, I disagree with this statement. I think they are as easy or as difficult for every individual based on their individual abilities. Being able to spot an enemy and shoot first is as much a skill as knowing the map and choosing your location. There's plenty of arguements either way, CoD players argue that Halo players just jumping bean about, while Halo players argue that it takes no skill to have, what was it someone called it? 'Twitch' reflexes? Something to that effect.

Both are skill sets that not everyone has, that doesn't make one game more skilled than the other. They're just different. But that doesn't stop people from harping on about how 'X' game requires more skill, usually because they play that game and want to imply they are skilled at something, rather than being skilled at nothing. Like people who argue which is better, console or PC gaming. Halo vs CoD and Console vs PC, civil wars that are sooo important.
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Minecraft, Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls