(and I thought Halo 2 was bad)Does Halo 4 have the worst campaign in the series?

#1GaMeFrEaK316Posted 12/8/2012 12:45:26 PM
I'm about 90% done and I must say this campaign has been a snoozer. Pretty graphics and fun scenarios every now and then but the consistency just isn't there. The story is a mess, I have no clue what's going on.

The prometheans are Boring with a capital B. They're not fun to fight. The best scenarios in the campaign are against the covenant and even then it's not as fun as other games. Grunts don't speak english and that takes away a lot of the funny spontaneous moments.

No level in this game comes even close to AoTCR, Halo, Silent Cartographer, etc.

Halo CE reigns supreme, I don't think that campaign will ever be topped.
---
COW GO MOO
#2TheBoxNinja72Posted 12/8/2012 12:51:33 PM
sig says it
---
I don't even think I can credit this topic with an attempt at trolling. I'm pretty sure he just s*** all over the keyboard and then hit "Post."
#3SunDevil77Posted 12/8/2012 12:57:57 PM
no
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#4TheBoxNinja72Posted 12/8/2012 1:01:27 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
no

for your sig, but what if they cant have red meat??? then what.
---
I don't even think I can credit this topic with an attempt at trolling. I'm pretty sure he just s*** all over the keyboard and then hit "Post."
#5Arok2092Posted 12/8/2012 1:02:03 PM
2nd best in my opinion. CE is top and this is ever so slightly above ODST to me.
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!
#6kinggoldfingerPosted 12/8/2012 1:04:12 PM
No. I hated the Halo 2 campaign
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#7DJ_GunnerPosted 12/8/2012 2:45:48 PM
In terms of fun to play, this one ranks right up there with CE. The visuals, audio, and scenarios are all top notch.

However.

*slight spoilers*

Without even touching on the absurdity of the set up here (and that's coming from someone who read all the books, including the new ones), they absolutely _ruined_ any desperation or sympathy we're supposed to feel for Cortana. That scene from the E3 trailer where she screams at everyone? Gave me chills. In the game? Felt totally forced and THEN they make her cry and apologize for it.

They could have done so much more with the rampancy angle and they blew it.
---
"Aren't you the guy that bought expensive HDMI cables claiming cheap ones funded terrorism?" -The Killer 5
#8ODommPosted 12/8/2012 2:48:04 PM
Arok2092 posted...
2nd best in my opinion. CE is top and this is ever so slightly above ODST to me.

---
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 74/240 Dominion wins
#9Rainey-kinsPosted 12/8/2012 2:48:38 PM
Thing is, I feel like Bungie didn't know how many games they wanted, right off the bat, so each one was sexy by itself, yet this new saga is forced to have exactly 3 games. I bet the next one will make people piss themselves, and then 6 will get so many "THAT'S IT!?" complaints that 343i will kill themselves.

Totally factual.
---
Royal Rose