Halo 5/6 Wish List

#1LazHarshawPosted 12/8/2012 1:58:23 PM
Here is my wish list for Halo 5/6
1) Sargent Johnson returns. I know he died in 3, but come on we thought the same at the end of 1 when he hugged that Elite in the legendary ending. Also being a Spartan 1 he’s MIA as Spartans never die.

2) Church is Chief’s new AI. That would just be awesome to see Church make fun of the game’s story and events. RVB is also pretty much canon now anyway.

3) Cortana copy. If Church is too much of a joke for you, how about a new copy of Cortana/ Halsey AI clone. This could provide some character development with Chief as he questions the AI’s legitimacy as a replacement, playing to the whole “who’s the machine” theme 343 had introduced. The copying aspect was brought up in the books as well, so it is very much possible we will be seeing her again.

4) Arbiter returns. I just want to see him come down from an orbit drop and land on an enemy sneaking behind Chief. He could leave afterwards, and I would be happy.

5) Duel welding returns. Remember when you could supercombine an enemy in 3 seconds with a ton of needles? So satisfying.

6) Majority of armor pieces unlocked, with the exception of a few that need to be earned.

7) Armor decals. More customization.

8) Jackal energy shields. Small body protection would break after a few hits. Act like grenades in which you can only carry 2.

9) Ordinance drops in Campaign. In script locations, you would be contacted by a CO and you can choose which drop you would like, adding interactions between Chief and CO’s

10) English speaking Grunts. I just want to hear “I’m invisible” in their voice again. Also add them to MP

11) Kill a Gravemind

12) Skull hunting with more skulls.
#212345sniperz123Posted 12/8/2012 2:05:09 PM
No plasma grenades in loadouts, frags only.
---
"It was plenty warm and I was farting continuously under the sheet, creating a kind of greenhouse effect." -Dwight
#3alkahsuPosted 12/8/2012 2:06:36 PM
No armor abilities, no loadouts, weapons on map.
---
99% of my posts are made from my phone so ignore the spelling/grammatical errors.
#4ODommPosted 12/8/2012 2:10:31 PM
alkahsu posted...

Lol. There is a 0% chance of that happening.
---
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 74/240 Dominion wins
#5darren19822000Posted 12/8/2012 2:22:11 PM
way to put spoilers in your topic title and in your post. some of us have yet to finish the SP.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#6X250Posted 12/8/2012 2:41:18 PM
1) 5+ decent maps at least

2) If the above is not possible, remakes from previous Halos

3) Plasma Rifle

4) Impossibly hard campaign
#7The-TacticianPosted 12/8/2012 2:50:23 PM
I for one, hopes dual wielding never resurfaces, it it was in Halo 4, I would have left it behind.
---
Did you know that the internet is used for comfort above all else?
#8metalclashPosted 12/8/2012 2:57:37 PM
Custom games that have every element of every game before them
---
my halo what happen why are you all borked
#9EDarienPosted 12/8/2012 3:31:58 PM
alkahsu posted...

Does your Halo 3 disc not work anymore?

I'm not huge on some of these changes, but one thing I hate about CoD, I have a few, but not all of them including that I didn't get the new one and don't plan to get them anymore, is that they're the same game. There's literally nothing new, but the story continues. I liked MW1-3 because it told a story. Then you get to MP and it's the same game every time. Halo wasn't officially online in Halo 1, but some of us made due. Halo 2 had it's problems, but was the "original" online Halo plus dual-wielding! Halo 3 added some vehicles and just expanded on what Halo was.

Now Halo 4 had some choices to make, especially being under new management, as it were. They could have put out another Halo 3, just some veneer changes, or they could really change the game and borrow from newer and older halos alike ... They opted for changing things. I wasn't thrilled when I popped the game in and had CoD abilities like sprinting, melee wasn't B anymore and a few other little things, like the armor abilities. But, I adapted and enjoyed the game. Now it's not for everyone, but the fact is the game is moving forward. If it was the same old game, we (referring to Halo player population) would be complaining that they're just releasing the same game over and over, just like CoD. Instead, they borrow some elements and keep Halo elements to make something new for us and we whine about them changing things.

It's true, you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time. However, if you like your old style of gameplay so much, I have a suggestion ... pop in Halo 3. Or even Halo 2 into your console. If you want to play those older games, then play them. If you want to play Halo 4, which includes the changes they've made, then keep playing it. When did gamers turn into whiny cry-babies who are never satisfied? Maybe gamers always were and it's the internet that's revealing them en mass to the rest of us. Or maybe it's a generational thing. Either way, some of you kids complain far too much, given how little you actually contribute to anything. Are you out there designing games? Are you saving lives? Building schools somewhere? Or are you just on the internet whining that the game you spend 80% of the time you're awake playing isn't what you would make if you could be bothered to go to school, accrue the skills and make your own game, something you'll likely never have the willpower, desire and mathematical and computer skill to ever do. So, unless you can make better, maybe take a minute before you whine so much, people.

Want old gameplay? Play an old game. To this day, I play Final Fantasy Tactics once in a while, because it's a great game and no other SRPG I know plays exactly like it. Instead of whining about it on a message board that there should be more games how I want them, I simply play the game I like. Want Halo 4 to be more like Halo 3? Put in Halo 3. I'm sure the servers and players are still there and you can still play it if you really wanted.

I don't often, if ever (barring this rant), post out of emotion or frustration, but you whiny, entitled children are just really something. I'm sick of seeing it in the classrooms, the rehabs, hospitals and restaurants. I play games to get away from you people and you feel the need to infest everything with your childish, snide remarks as if you've ever so much as tried to contribute something yourself before you criticized other people's hard work and dedication.

Admittedly, this isn't entirely directed at the quoted post. But you, poster, are one of many who needs to read this, even if you'll likely ignore its advice and/or make some childish, snide comment in reply.
---
Lali-ho!
#10MlCKHEADPosted 12/8/2012 3:38:16 PM
Duel welding? Like dueling with welders? Original enough I suppose, it could work.