What if the Master Chief gets promoted???

#1Roco32373Posted 12/8/2012 6:37:44 PM
Then what do we call him? Nobody outside of the novel geeks knows him as John 117...
#2Echoe_ACPosted 12/8/2012 6:43:54 PM
He gets referenced as "Sierra 117" a lot, and he is called by his first name at the end of H3, and several times in H4.
#3R_O_DFanboyPosted 12/8/2012 6:44:22 PM
Cortana calls him John throughout the entire games series, what are you talking about?
---
"I'd rather die for what I believe, than live a life without meaning." GT: freefallerexe
#4SunDevil77Posted 12/8/2012 6:47:08 PM
"Novel geeks"
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#5Velvet_LlamaPosted 12/8/2012 6:49:57 PM
Big Green
---
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).
#6tristin809Posted 12/8/2012 6:55:50 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
"Novel geeks"

This.
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
SSF4AE Mains: Guy & Cody Subs: Gouken & Dee Jay
#7MetaIGearRexPosted 12/8/2012 6:57:44 PM
He can't get promoted, he is the highest enlisted rank.
---
My sarcastic tone doesn't translate over the Internet, which makes me sound like an ass. Usually I mean no offense.
#8ParanoidObsessivePosted 12/8/2012 7:22:50 PM
MetaIGearRex posted...
He can't get promoted, he is the highest enlisted rank.

He technically could, if he was willing to take the officer's test and enroll in officer's training.

Enlisted men have been promoted to officer ranks even in the real world (and it tends to be a lot easier to do during wartime, as people above you in rank get killed off faster).

Considering the extreme nature of his service, the naval command could also theoretically waive other requirements and jump him up even higher in rank as a reward for pretty much saving the entire human race multiple times over.

The thing is, it won't happen. Because they want to keep him on the battlefield so they won't want to promote him, he would never feel comfortable anywhere other than the battlefield so he'll never ask for promotion, and 343 will never do it because then he'd stop being the Master Chief.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#9HuSsIeNxDPosted 12/8/2012 7:34:25 PM
^^^ whoa we got a badass over here
---
GAMETAG hussienm-"A computer beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."- Demitri Martin
#10JoshRealPosted 12/8/2012 7:40:03 PM
Only Kurt or LT Ambrose the trainer of the Spartan III'S, then later Spartan II Fred have ever became an officer. Fred was made an LT by kurt as a field promotion.