You know what you can have it

#1jonathonriverPosted 12/8/2012 11:11:36 PM
The lengths these kids will go to get the weapon or vehicle they want is astounding. I think it stems from this generation getting everything they want and not earning anything themselves. Thatís the only way I can explain the behavior I have been seeing lately in big team.

Itís nothing new to get a few stickies thrown on your Banshee as youíre taking off, but I thought the new friendly fire in Halo 4 would take care of being murdered for a sniper rifleÖI was wrong. I started closest to Snipes so I ran over and picked it up. The guy running behind me threw a grenade at me and popped of some shoots, no biggie it canít hurt me. As I am traversing to a nice knoll this ass gets in a hog and runs me over. He takes the rifle and proceeds to do absolutely nothing with it -I hear 8 or 9 pops but he gets two kills. Later in the same match I watch him destroy the Gauss Hog because he didnít get in.

I would simply chalk this up as an isolated incident, but the fact is it is not. I see this attitude of ďI want this and if I canít get nobody willĒ too much in this game and sadly in real life. As an educator I can tell you this this generation is so selfish and over provided for that I truly worry about the future and how these kids will react when they are forced to deal with real life. In life you rarely get the sniper rifle or to gun in the Hog, deal with it. As for myself, I will leave these power weapons and vehicles alone, itís just not worth it.
#2LeDerpinaXDDDPosted 12/8/2012 11:13:42 PM
QQ
---
it liking a squirel eating on pizza 'can i get a slice plzzz" lol XDD
#3lord_wazooPosted 12/8/2012 11:13:57 PM
it's just a game.
---
Scutchyy
#4SThiefNPosted 12/8/2012 11:14:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Super VejitaPosted 12/8/2012 11:15:01 PM
I haven't run into this yet thank god. I usually avoid vehicles anyway unless I can be a gunner or whatever. Or if it's a banshee.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#6jonathonriver(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:17:26 PM
SJ_TraNe posted...
play with friends

oh wait you don't have any because youre a cynical and pretentious ****stain of a human life

I rest my case, ^Typed from his mother's basement
#7JolteonPosted 12/8/2012 11:18:54 PM
I just put them on my avoided players list and move on. I've really only had a couple of incidents like the one you're describing, and even if it's just a placebo effect, I still think it's helping.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#8bananasandwich1Posted 12/8/2012 11:22:06 PM
jonathonriver posted...
The lengths these kids will go to get the weapon or vehicle they want is astounding. I think it stems from this generation getting everything they want and not earning anything themselves. Thatís the only way I can explain the behavior I have been seeing lately in big team.

Itís nothing new to get a few stickies thrown on your Banshee as youíre taking off, but I thought the new friendly fire in Halo 4 would take care of being murdered for a sniper rifleÖI was wrong. I started closest to Snipes so I ran over and picked it up. The guy running behind me threw a grenade at me and popped of some shoots, no biggie it canít hurt me. As I am traversing to a nice knoll this ass gets in a hog and runs me over. He takes the rifle and proceeds to do absolutely nothing with it -I hear 8 or 9 pops but he gets two kills. Later in the same match I watch him destroy the Gauss Hog because he didnít get in.

I would simply chalk this up as an isolated incident, but the fact is it is not. I see this attitude of ďI want this and if I canít get nobody willĒ too much in this game and sadly in real life. As an educator I can tell you this this generation is so selfish and over provided for that I truly worry about the future and how these kids will react when they are forced to deal with real life. In life you rarely get the sniper rifle or to gun in the Hog, deal with it. As for myself, I will leave these power weapons and vehicles alone, itís just not worth it.

Completly agree with you. I love the Halo franchise but I definetly can say that the one thing COD has over Halo is the community. The majority of people that play Halo are children or adults with the mind of a child. I can't play Big Team because of this
#9SThiefNPosted 12/8/2012 11:25:39 PM
jonathonriver posted...
SJ_TraNe posted...
play with friends

oh wait you don't have any because youre a cynical and pretentious ****stain of a human life

you're the one living in a basement, inferring completely irrational things about an unspecified and ambiguous "this generation" when many different people of many different ages play this game. stop whining and play with some like-minded friends that won't betray you (even though...who cares? it's just a game man.). crawl out of that cave and socialize.
---
xbl - Amazing Trane
#10jonathonriver(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:35:11 PM
SJ_TraNe posted...
jonathonriver posted...
SJ_TraNe posted...
play with friends

you're the one living in a basement, inferring completely irrational things about an unspecified and ambiguous "this generation" when many different people of many different ages play this game. stop whining and play with some like-minded friends that won't betray you (even though...who cares? it's just a game man.). crawl out of that cave and socialize.

As soon as you come out from under your bridge troll.