You know what you can have it

#21LeDerpinaXDDDPosted 12/9/2012 1:10:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22NovaLevossidaPosted 12/9/2012 1:18:08 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
Your post screams of trying too hard to sound intellectual using uncommonly said words such as inferring and ambiguous.

Jesus Christ. How low has society and our education systems fallen when "inferring" and "ambiguous" are the uncommon words of psuedo-Illuminati? Seriously, ambiguous? Seriously?
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#23Dinkleb3rgPosted 12/9/2012 1:18:48 AM
SJ_TraNe posted...
The_Hungry_One posted...

Truth be told, this generation (for the majority) believe that they are entitled to it, without having to earn it first. If you don't agree with any of this, then the chances are you are either one of those parents of these children who provide everything for their offspring, proving my point, or you are one of these children who think they deserve everything they get, thus proving my point.

ah yes, the gambit of "either i'm right, or i'm right". there's another option here: im a realistic adult capable of realizing that younger people (under 20 for the sake of argument) in all generations have felt "entitled" to the world - and why shouldn't they? they're raised being told they can be whatever they want, do whatever they want, etc. That childlike naivete - that's part of the great thing of being a kid. also, i don't have kids, i'm self-sustaining, and my childhood was the furthest thing from spoiled as you can get.

i'm done with this thread. i don't know if you're a bunch of cynical 30-somethings, or trolls, or just misguided. tbh i don't care, because it really isn't my problem. i'll be having fun in Halo 4 while you guys complain about teamkillers (who have been around for as long as gaming has been - get over it, boys.). cheers.

I enjoy the Halo 4 multiplayer as well, and I wasn't saying it was bad. It is true however that the community has gotten much worse then what it previously was. Of course games have had their share of team killers and poor sports but it's become much more prevalent in the newer online communities. I played Halo 2 and 3 extensively when they first came out and the communities were much better.
---
Boingloings... somebody got hit in them
#24jonathonriver(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 1:28:23 AM
The funny thing is that I am using this board as an outlet to vent so that I donít have to bother my friends with trivial problems from a game I enjoy playing, and yes I do have several friends I play Halo with. I admit that this has only been an issue with me personally with Halo 4 in the past few days. I just observed the correlation between these in game behaviors and the attitudes and actions of teenagers and some young adults. This will not prevent me from playing Halo in the future, but it will prevent me from going for the sought after tools of destruction Ė hence the title of the post.
#25lderivedxPosted 12/9/2012 1:33:13 AM(edited)
You don't have to look very far out of this game to see how the newer generations are turning out to be.

People have been saying stuff like this since the time of the Romans. Either ancient Rome was the epitome of virtue or some people simply want to sound intelligent.

TC: I have not once had a problem in H4 with being betrayed for a weapon/vehicle. Get some friends.
---
"you got hit by a car? lmao nice awareness, no wonder you suck at halo." - sloppy
GT: i derive dx
#26jonathonriver(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 1:54:15 AM
I think you are confusing getting friends to have a pleasant game experience and getting some friends to gang up on these people and with the same bad actions that are the root cause of this problem.
#27jester48Posted 12/9/2012 1:57:40 AM
Are you Trane from h3?

And if you are, I <3 you.
---
XBL GT: Jester was good
#28lderivedxPosted 12/9/2012 2:05:27 AM
I think you are confusing getting friends to have a pleasant game experience and getting some friends to gang up on these people and with the same bad actions that are the root cause of this problem.

No, no I am not.

Are you Trane from h3?

Yes, yes he is.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/2bnn8k.jpg
#29SThiefNPosted 12/9/2012 2:09:45 AM
jester48 posted...
Are you Trane from h3?

And if you are, I <3 you.

the one and only! (as far as i know)
---
xbl - Amazing Trane