Is level 130 way too low?

#1Wolfsangel90Posted 12/9/2012 4:41:51 AM
I'm level 78, and yes I've played the game a considerable amount, using double xp here and there, but the games only been out a month. I probably average 2-3 hours a day. Sometime I don't play for a few days and every not and then I play a good chunk of the day or night.

But since 60-70, 70-80 are all the same (right?) I feel like I'll be 130 or approaching it in no time. Hell, with only one double xp code I've gone from 69 to 78 in like 4 days at most. I feel like Reach had crazy amount of xp needed in order just to get from General grade 2 to grade 3 (as high as I even got, and I thought I played a decent amount at least in spurts.) And I never played much CoD, but getting the 10th prestige clearly took a buttload of time.

So are most hardcore players going to be maxing out their level within a couple months, if that? It seems so easy to achieve and I feel like people are just gonna hit 130 then stop playing before the game has even been out a year.
---
And this stillness of life did not in the least resemble a peace.
It was the stillness of an implacable force brooding over an inscrutable intention.
#2JolteonPosted 12/9/2012 4:45:43 AM
I feel like people are just gonna hit 130 then stop playing before the game has even been out a year.

Maybe you should reevaluate why you're playing the game in the first place.

Are you playing to watch progress bars fill at the end of matches? Or are you playing to have a good time? Reaching 130 doesn't mean the game is over...
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#3Wolfsangel90(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 4:48:42 AM
Jolteon posted...
I feel like people are just gonna hit 130 then stop playing before the game has even been out a year.

Maybe you should reevaluate why you're playing the game in the first place.

Are you playing to watch progress bars fill at the end of matches? Or are you playing to have a good time? Reaching 130 doesn't mean the game is over...

Where exactly did I say anything about ME quitting? Pretty quick to jump down my throat, huh?
---
It was the stillness of an implacable force brooding over an inscrutable intention.
#4JolteonPosted 12/9/2012 4:52:06 AM
If you thought I was being aggressive, I apologize. I'm not trying to jump down your throat at all. I'm just suggesting that you're being a bit hasty in your assumption that everybody is going to quit when they reach 130.
---
#5Wolfsangel90(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 4:59:29 AM
I may be, but thats basically what I'm asking. A lot of people here and people I know basically stopped playing when they got stuck at 70 and didn't have the codes, because they felt playing would just waste time and potential xp. Thats in part due to the fact that there shouldn't have been a stupid cap at 70 anyway, but if lvl 130 is reached in like 1/10th of the time it took to get to the higher ranks in Reach, which is what it seems like, I just imagine lots of people not having much motive to play consistently anymore. I admit, it is satisfying leveling up, even if its fairly pointless.
---
#6JolteonPosted 12/9/2012 5:06:54 AM(edited)
Well I'd assume that people see the difference between an artificial/temporary cap (SR70) and a hard/permanent one (SR130). Again, this is speculation, but people may have felt they were "wasting their time" when they were stuck at 70, because they knew that they would potentially be getting the other Specializations unlocked soon. If they unlocked a bunch of commendations and such, it is valid to consider that a "waste", since they could have used that XP later on. But when you hit the hard cap, those concerns are no longer particularly valid, and there's nothing really standing in your way anymore.
---
#7BigRobb2389Posted 12/9/2012 5:13:07 AM
It definitely is in my opinion.

I don't think tying specializations into levels was a good idea, i think it was pretty bad actually.

I don't think it will make me play the game any less, but having such an easy to reach cap is a bit disappointing.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#8RoneZoneFitnessPosted 12/9/2012 5:32:49 AM
If they implement the ranking system right it'll extend the games life 5 fold
#9superhPosted 12/9/2012 7:44:39 AM(edited)
i think it's pretty sad if your have spent roughly 15% of your time, or rather closer to 50%(of waking hours) playing Halo since launch if your level 130(and i have seen a few..)

The developers made it so it's easily reachable unlike on reach which so many complained about. Fair if you ask me.

However, They are going to release a 1-50 system early next year. So that is something else to go for now if your eager to get a higher rank.

Love to break it to you, your not going to be highest just because you play the most when
1-50 hits.

i've never understood people who actually play to watch their exp go up primarily, and play the game secondary. If they can't watch the xp bar go up, they quit playing. ridiculous, these people need a pat o nthe back for everything don't they?
---
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame
#10Shinji_VinPosted 12/9/2012 7:45:47 AM
A lot of people reached the highest rank in Reach and still played.
I doubt people will quit.
---
Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D please.