Aren't we getting Spartan Ops Episode 6 tomorrow?

#11BigRobb2389Posted 12/9/2012 6:19:18 AM
oii_gunplay_iio posted...
In the interim they will put the most popular chapters in the playlist to be replayed

ahh, i hope so.

I was thinking maybe they should do it like they do war games. just have 3 random chapters from the 5 episodes pop up and have people vote on them. people may not like that though.

Honestly, I think episode 5 is my least favorite as far as missions go.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#12WingZero0782(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:23:17 AM
Jolteon posted...
I see why they did, end it with a cliffhanger and have a mid season break just like The Walking Dead.

Heh. Interesting parallel.

I also haven't heard whether the new episode is going to be free or not, but I think there'd probably a be a LOT of backlash if it isn't.

I thought all of season 1 is free.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#13AbsoluteBKKPosted 12/9/2012 6:40:18 AM
They are doing a "best of" playlist for matchmaking, as well as making EVERY episode available in matchmaking (although one per week) for the mid season hiatus.

The best of includes:

The Core
Hacksaw
Shootout at Valhalla
The Didact's Gift
Spartan Miller
#14JolteonPosted 12/9/2012 7:10:32 AM
Well considering it costs money to make said maps, pay the voice actors, etc there is no reason the won't charge for it

You're making a lot of assumptions here, namely that they haven't already recorded all of the voice work, and that they're actually "making maps", which...well they're really not. They're using maps from both campaign and matchmaking. I'd ask that you expand on what the "etc" might be, but to be honest, it's probably still not enough to justify pre-emptively endorsing paid DLC.

Thus far, all of the Spartan Ops missions have been locked on the disc, so if future seasons are as well, that pretty much straight up invalidates your argument, but again, this is all speculation anyway, so probably not worth worrying about at this point in time.

They are doing a "best of" playlist for matchmaking, as well as making EVERY episode available in matchmaking (although one per week) for the mid season hiatus.

Sounds interesting. Thanks very much for the information.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#15AlchemicSpartanPosted 12/9/2012 7:40:06 AM
Jolteon posted...
Well considering it costs money to make said maps, pay the voice actors, etc there is no reason the won't charge for it

You're making a lot of assumptions here, namely that they haven't already recorded all of the voice work, and that they're actually "making maps", which...well they're really not. They're using maps from both campaign and matchmaking. I'd ask that you expand on what the "etc" might be, but to be honest, it's probably still not enough to justify pre-emptively endorsing paid DLC.

Thus far, all of the Spartan Ops missions have been locked on the disc, so if future seasons are as well, that pretty much straight up invalidates your argument, but again, this is all speculation anyway, so probably not worth worrying about at this point in time.

I'm pretty sure only season 1 is disc locked.
And you're right, they aren't making maps, yet. When did I say they are making maps now? Never. But regardless, they would still need to pay voice actors for new seasons, if they haven't done so yet, which requires money. And you honestly think they will use the same maps for say, 5 or 6 seasons? That's stupid to think that. Of course they'll implement new maps. I would hope they would make a few SpOps only maps.
And as for your comment about assumptions, that's pretty much what everyone is going on considering the only thing we know is that episode 6 starts back up January 21st, and that there is a total of 10 episodes per season.
---
Xbox GT: AlchemicSpartan
Pokemon Black: Dizzy - 3826 5358 7980
#16VoidBeyondPosted 12/9/2012 9:03:49 AM
All of Season 1 is free. All of it don't go spreading rumors, people will take it as fact and run around telling others that we have to pay, which isn't the case due to Spartan Ops (Season 1, at least) being free.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#17DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 12/9/2012 9:14:51 AM
I could have sworn that they said the first 50 episodes were going to be free.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S3
#18JolteonPosted 12/9/2012 9:21:12 AM
It wasn't my intention to start any rumors. I actually didn't realize the new episode in Jan was still part of season one, for starters. I figured the cliffhanger was the season finale. I just hadn't heard one way or the other about future seasons, and sounds like others haven't, either.

As for you, Alchemic, you're still making the same initial assumptions, and now you're adding more, on top of accusing me of saying stuff I never even hinted at.

You said ”said maps” which since you were responding to my saying I wasn't sure if the new ep would be free, would explicitly suggest that you think they're making maps and recording new voice work for it. We can chalk that up to my not being completely clear though, that's fine. But now you're not only assuming that there's gonna be SIX seasons, but you're pretending like I'm operating under that same assumption, and saying they won't ever have new maps.

It's like the only thing you actually read was me saying there could be backlash depending on how they handle things, and you took that and started talking about all the great new features they're making and how dare I question them? Take a step back and reread what I said. It's way too early to be arguing over maybes.

Anyway, I'm going to bed, so hopefully you don't take this the wrong way or anything, cause I won't be around to respond...
---
#19JolteonPosted 12/9/2012 9:24:24 AM
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...
I could have sworn that they said the first 50 episodes were going to be free.

Ok one last thing, cause WHAAA?

50 episodes or 50 chapters? Cause 50 eps seems like a LOT. That's like what...250 chapters or something?
---
#20Jin_OniPosted 12/10/2012 1:22:59 PM
10 episodes and 50 chapters is what they said for season 1.
---
War doesn't determine who's right, only who's left.
A statement bears no weight for those of us who choose not to carry it. - Loshadt