How is XP determined in Halo 4 multiplayer offline?

#1meeper22Posted 12/9/2012 8:25:45 AM
My friends and I were playing Halo 4 last night locally; not online.

One of my friends; friend A was trying to figure out how we earn XP in this game. He found out how him, me and my other friend; friend B; were only getting around 630 XP in each map we played.

Yet, the friend who owns the game, friend C, he gets 900 XP in one map but he got last and only had 3 kills.

We're trying to figure out how that would occur.

What exactly determines how much XP you get in multiplayer offline; badges you earn, kills you earn, winning a match, a combination, etc?

Plus, friend C outranks us higher since he plays this game more often than we do, so how is he getting more XP? I figure that since we have a lower rank, we should be getting more XP when we kill him in multiplayer because based off of his higher rank, killing him would earn us more XP since he would be technically more powerful than us.

So, how can we catch up to him if he's going to rank in 900 XP without even winning or even getting 3rd place?
#2Rainey-kinsPosted 12/9/2012 8:53:44 AM
Offline is strictly time based, capping at 1190. If he's getting more, there's a chance he has the pioneer perk, or he just misread what he got. Bottom line, offline grants based on time. Not sure the exact amount, though.
---
Royal Rose
#3meeper22(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:08:16 AM
So, if one of us won a match on multiplayer for a shorter amount of time, we would get more XP?
#4Cereal4youPosted 12/9/2012 9:11:11 AM
Winning a match is 500

And the rest is time based I think but it hits a cap at a certain point.

I have joined winning matches and just gotten 1000 xp.

But I'm no expert.
#5meeper22(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:13:58 AM
You mean like; how long your character stays alive in a match affects the XP earned?

Or how many kills you get in a certain amount of time?
#6JaidabeccaPosted 12/9/2012 10:06:29 AM
meeper22 posted...
You mean like; how long your character stays alive in a match affects the XP earned?

Or how many kills you get in a certain amount of time?

No, length of time(how long the match lasts) is what is meant when Rainey-kins said offline is strictly time-based.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#7meeper22(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:33:22 AM
Ah,

So, do you get more XP if a match is longer or shorter?

What the heck does the XP Cap mean?