If you play Halo 4 and are good read this topic.

#21DeviantInfernoPosted 12/9/2012 6:28:02 PM
Well let me be the first person to appologize for all of us "Bad" or "Noob" players beacause we have not devoted every waking hour to becoming perfect at a game. We are sorry that our Jobs, wives/husbands/children, friends, and lives in general get in the way of something most of us do as a hobby.

If you need to be 100% perfect at something to enjoy it then most people will probably have very little interest in being your fiend in it.

Also if you need to explain that you are not being an ass then you are being an ass.

P.S. before anyone attacks me about commenting on him being an ass, I know very well that I am being one aswell.
---
You try and stare into my eyes trying to find what? fear, or perhaps hesitation. Look and all you will find is hate.
#22Killean_NuggetsPosted 12/9/2012 6:29:28 PM
beacause we have not devoted every waking hour to becoming perfect at a game.

>Implying skill is based on time played
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#23DeviantInfernoPosted 12/9/2012 6:36:06 PM
Why would skill not be based on time played, I will agree that there may be other factors but time played matters.

Do you or anyone you know work in a Skilled trade, you need to complete a certain number of hours, and perform a certain amount of jobs before you can be considered certified (A.K.A. skilled). Why would halo be different?
---
You try and stare into my eyes trying to find what? fear, or perhaps hesitation. Look and all you will find is hate.
#24Killean_NuggetsPosted 12/9/2012 6:43:58 PM
Why would skill not be based on time played, I will agree that there may be other factors but time played matters.

Do you or anyone you know work in a Skilled trade, you need to complete a certain number of hours, and perform a certain amount of jobs before you can be considered certified (A.K.A. skilled). Why would halo be different?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/ksi pope shager/haloreach/gamehistory#!/?game=1174841316

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/ksi pope shager/haloreach/gamehistory#!/?game=1174546256

There you go, pretty much proves time played =/= skill
---
vBlite
#25DeviantInfernoPosted 12/9/2012 6:49:33 PM
Proves nothing. that does not show time played on other gamertags and previous games (skills do transfer from halo to halo as well as other FPS). You can't tell me that you could take an MLG pro and some kid who has never held an xbox controller put them in a game and the new kid wins.
---
#26Killean_NuggetsPosted 12/9/2012 6:53:11 PM
Proves nothing. that does not show time played on other gamertags and previous games (skills do transfer from halo to halo as well as other FPS). You can't tell me that you could take an MLG pro and some kid who has never held an xbox controller put them in a game and the new kid wins.

Yea, someone who has played Halo a hell of a lot gets embarrassed yet you still claim time played = skill.
---
vBlite
#27MikeScalziPosted 12/9/2012 6:56:54 PM
Yeah, that Kilean guy is just being stubborn. Time played is very obviously a factor that determines how good you are. It is not the only factor, but it is still huge. Once you've played long enough to get the feel for all of the weapons, maps, and various gameplay features you will be better than you were before. Will there still be some people who have played less than you that could beat you? Maybe. But that's because there are other factors like reflexes, strategic thinking, and other natural abilities (for live, connection can be a factor too lol). If two people of roughly equal natural ability were to play each other, it is almost certain that the one with more playtime would win.
---
Two heads are better than none,
One hundred heads are so much better than one
#28Killean_NuggetsPosted 12/9/2012 6:57:57 PM
Yeah, that Kilean guy is just being stubborn. Time played is very obviously a factor that determines how good you are. It is not the only factor, but it is still huge. Once you've played long enough to get the feel for all of the weapons, maps, and various gameplay features you will be better than you were before. Will there still be some people who have played less than you that could beat you? Maybe. But that's because there are other factors like reflexes, strategic thinking, and other natural abilities (for live, connection can be a factor too lol). If two people of roughly equal natural ability were to play each other, it is almost certain that the one with more playtime would win.

Baddie detected.
---
vBlite
#29lderivedxPosted 12/9/2012 6:58:31 PM
it is almost certain that the one with more playtime would win.

No. Play time only matters up to a (fairly low) point. After that what matters is time spent practicing to get better.
---
what do you expect from a gun (DMR) that has a krazy-straw for a barrel? - irishman5705
GT: i derive dx
#30DeviantInfernoPosted 12/9/2012 6:59:11 PM
All I am trying to say is that time played is a major factor, not the only one.

Look I am not the greatest halo player my KD is only about 1.2 but if I hadn't devoted the amount of time I have to halo I would not even be able to hold that. Do I sometimes get beat by people who seem to have played less than me yes, and I also beat people to seem to devot more time to halo than myself but even if time played does not directly=skill. skill cannot exist without some time played and in most cases the better players are the ones with more time played.
---