C/D: Halo 3 takes more skill than Halo 4

#11Wookie_Is_BackPosted 12/9/2012 1:41:29 PM
That's actually a really tough choice. Idk
#12DrkVrtxPosted 12/9/2012 1:47:31 PM
I'm not trolling here with this question, but what exactly qualifies as 'skill' in an FPS?
#13SThiefNPosted 12/9/2012 1:48:48 PM
__bale posted...
uh
deny
and its not even close

---
xbl - Amazing Trane
#14metalclashPosted 12/9/2012 1:55:13 PM
i'm doing better in this game than in H3 so confirm bc i suck at halo
---
my halo what happen why are you all borked
#15Gregsp2Posted 12/9/2012 1:59:07 PM
metalclash posted...
i'm doing better in this game than in H3 so confirm bc i suck at halo

lol
#16pblimp360Posted 12/9/2012 2:09:15 PM(edited)
superh posted...
In halo 3, you know you were just out classed when you got owned real bad by a good team. On halo 4 it seems to be down to chance thanks to ordinance drops and load outs.

Put it this way: I haven't had that game where you just know that the other team were amazing and levels above you yet. You know what I'm talking about if you played halo 3.

I have, so maybe you need to play more games. I've had it both ways actually, and lately with the trueskill system, more often than not, if the other team has a squad of legit-good players, who work well together most of the time and can trounce your team if you don't come correct, and have conversely outscored/killed the other team bad enough in the same way.

The things that happened in 3 (one of my favorite of all Halo's) is the same thing that happens in this game.
---
#Halo 4
#17sdchiPosted 12/9/2012 2:13:09 PM
Confirm.
#18Draken789Posted 12/10/2012 12:19:51 PM(edited)
Confirm, I so very much choose confirm. Halo 3(and hell honestly even Reach) made me work for that positive K/D spread. Honing my Battle Rifle abilities also felt like a point of ascension for me as far as being better at 3 went.

Then Halo 4 comes along, I can't enjoy my favorite gun anymore(the BR) because the ranged game is so horribly unbalanced, and experimenting with the guns almost isn't worth it because one will still dominate the others(DMR). Yet I found solace in the Storm Rifle, I actually do very good with that either by itself or with grenades. Honestly I can even say I miss the days in 3 where I could battle a whole team on my own, and either kill all of them or three of them before the last guy gets me. That's basically suicide in this game.

I'm not even terrible at Halo 4, I'm like 800 or so up on my k/d, and will continue to make that gap bigger. I can however say I may not hold onto the game much longer at this rate. Not many of my friends are playing it anymore(which sucks because we used to have one or two full teams of people we knew in 3 and Reach), the simplified gameplay, and overall gameplay elements themselves continue to push me out the door.

tl;dr because that whole wall is just a mess of "I hate new things in my Halos." Halo 3 nostalgia is getting the better of me because I had actual strategy when I went into battle.
#19Dark115Posted 12/10/2012 12:13:39 PM
My K/D ratio has gone up every single game since Halo 2.

So either I'm getting a lot better, or Halo 3 takes more skill than Halo 4

And Halo 2 takes the most skill
---
Xbox Live GamerTag: Darks115
My Collection: http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?lid=100018&owner=Dark115.&mode=vown
#20enterthemadroxPosted 12/10/2012 12:16:16 PM
Deny.

They play the same to me.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong