Is This A Connection Issue? Why Is It So Constant In This?

#1UmJammerEriPosted 12/9/2012 5:15:41 PM
I remember this happening fairly rarely in Halo 3, but now suddenly it's constant. My plasmas will regularly go right through a person or vehicle, while enemy plasmas will somehow stick me even if I (or even other people on my team) see them miss me. Watching clips in the theater reveal that they'll miss, land, and somehow warp onto me.

My own plasmas are really hard to stick anything with, and like I said they seem to fly right through enemies and vehicles. It was really rare in 3, but now it seems to be the standard; what gives? What's the issue? Is it widespread? Is there any way to fix it or at least compensate for it?
---
My Guitar Is In My Mind!
#2jpraelsterPosted 12/9/2012 5:16:35 PM
Because there arent dedicated servers because 343 are morons
#3UmJammerEri(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 5:19:27 PM
jpraelster posted...
Because there arent dedicated servers because 343 are morons

This hasn't been a really big issue until now though. What's so different about how 4 works under the hood that makes this such a regular thing?
---
My Guitar Is In My Mind!
#4XImperialDragonPosted 12/9/2012 5:25:25 PM
The lag compensation is utterly ridiculous in this game, is why. Also, it'll regularly match up people who are geographic opposites on the globe, which no matter the speed of connections the latency will still make it all ridiculous.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#5pookiejinPosted 12/9/2012 5:27:49 PM
just lead a bit. not even that much. once you see how little you need to lead a plasma, you wont miss often. i stick'em to everywhere. its superfun.