So what is going to happen with the glitched map pack? Predicions

#31HELZEROPosted 12/10/2012 5:37:56 PM
You misspelled preditor icons.
#32PufTheMgicDingoPosted 12/10/2012 5:38:25 PM
dueric posted...
metalclash posted...
dueric posted...
metroidman92 posted...
Nothing. They'd have to release a new DLC with the maps to somehow nullify the "free one". It'd be a logistical nightmare integrating that with the Season Pass. MS will either officially make it free, and refund any spend MSP, or do nothing

Not really. What happens when you DL maps you bought on your box at a buddy's place?

They don't work when you leave, even thought they're on his Xbox.

When the game runs the check for paid DLC, people who got it free won't pass. It's that simple.

Except that the content license is not the issue here as far as I know.

Sure it is. You never bought one. Live knows that.

Lol? No it doesn't. I did buy it, just at a different price than intended. It's in my download history for my gamertag.
#33pblimp360Posted 12/10/2012 5:39:26 PM
dueric posted...
Still a nice demo though. IMO, it should be standard for all map packs to be able to try before you buy.

Completely agreed. This should become standard on the next system imho.
---
#Halo 4
#34HybridSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 5:40:10 PM
I agree, but then no one would buy map packs lol.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#35metalclashPosted 12/10/2012 5:40:47 PM
Velvet_Llama posted...
I hope there's a way to make it so the people who got it for free cant play it with out paying, because I think the reaction would be entertaining.

I would delete the pack, and still not buy it because it is still atrocious.
---
my halo what happen why are you all borked
#36Cereal4youPosted 12/10/2012 5:41:17 PM
It will be fixed and the people who got it for free are lucky....

You mad?
#37duericPosted 12/10/2012 5:41:31 PM
PufTheMgicDingo posted...
dueric posted...
metalclash posted...
dueric posted...
metroidman92 posted...
Nothing. They'd have to release a new DLC with the maps to somehow nullify the "free one". It'd be a logistical nightmare integrating that with the Season Pass. MS will either officially make it free, and refund any spend MSP, or do nothing

Not really. What happens when you DL maps you bought on your box at a buddy's place?

They don't work when you leave, even thought they're on his Xbox.

When the game runs the check for paid DLC, people who got it free won't pass. It's that simple.

Except that the content license is not the issue here as far as I know.

Sure it is. You never bought one. Live knows that.

Lol? No it doesn't. I did buy it, just at a different price than intended. It's in my download history for my gamertag.

Oh. It's in your download history? Surely it's untouchable now.

Can't believe I overlooked all of this in my 10 posts in this thread. You win all the internets. Nicely done.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#38C16Posted 12/10/2012 5:44:41 PM(edited)
There isn't an automated thing that detects this kind of thing. The only way they could sort out the people that got it for free would be to look through everyone that downloaded the map pack, skip over the ones that paid the actual MS points, check the rest for the ones that have the season pass download in their history and separate them from the ones who don't. And they'd have to do this one account at a time.

It would be easier to block the current version of the map pack and put up a new file with the same content. And it's even far easier for them to do nothing at all.

Obviously, you don't know much about how marketplace content downloads and the files inside them work. Or how businesses handle situations like this in regards to pricing errors.
#39pblimp360Posted 12/10/2012 5:44:38 PM(edited)
Velvet_Llama posted...
I hope there's a way to make it so the people who got it for free cant play it with out paying, because I think the reaction would be entertaining.

In several topics you've been been lying and trolling people claiming they'd get banned for getting this, and now this...What's your problem guy?

Did you buy the pass, and are now salty others get to use it for free?
---
#Halo 4
#40duericPosted 12/10/2012 5:45:00 PM
C16 posted...
Exactly. There isn't an automated thing that detects this kind of thing. The only way they could sort out the people that got it for free would be to look through everyone that downloaded the map pack, skip over the ones that paid the actual MS points, check the rest for the ones that have the season pass download in their history and separate them from the ones who don't. And they'd have to do this one account at a time.

Dude, they're not working on Windows 95.

If they decide to deny access to those who got it free, it's not goin to be all that difficult. This is Microsoft we're talking about here.

You don't think a scenario like this was planned for?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member