So Microsoft is letting the map pack thing go. No bans, no reversals...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. So Microsoft is letting the map pack thing go. No bans, no reversals...

User Info: ODomm

ODomm
4 years ago#1
https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/278254316253507584

Hmm, am I the only one who gets the feeling they did this on purpose as a way to promote Halo 4?
Maybe they've seen how BlOps' release has been hurting H4 activity and thought this would spark some interest?
I really can't see this being an "accident" because I've never really seen it happen in another game. Although I did hear someone say something in ME3 leaked early...?

Idk, thoughts? Think it was intentional?
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 95/240 Dominion wins

User Info: originlucario9

originlucario9
4 years ago#2
I think it was for the mistake of the specialization code mess.

User Info: trenthovis

trenthovis
4 years ago#3
if it was meant to be intentional, MS would have promoted it for their PR. also, if you go directly through marketplace, it's not free. just a stunning display of incompetency if you ask me, but i'm used to it now.

User Info: dhewett2

dhewett2
4 years ago#4
this is exactly what im thinking they just want ppl to play

User Info: darren19822000

darren19822000
4 years ago#5
why on earth would MS of all people wanna miss out of a payday? someone didnt do their job and im sure was fired over this. that is a big chunk of money gone for nothing..
gt darren reefnugs

ODomm
4 years ago#6
trenthovis posted...
if it was meant to be intentional, MS would have promoted it for their PR. also, if you go directly through marketplace, it's not free. just a stunning display of incompetency if you ask me, but i'm used to it now.

Wait, you're complaining about incompetence when it ends up rewarding you?
You are a sad, sad little man
Proud Audiophile

User Info: eastgotenks

eastgotenks
4 years ago#7
Cool, so it won't get reversed? I appreciate the free map pack. Pretty glad I did not buy the season pass now. Now I get 10 bucks off instead of 5.

ODomm
4 years ago#8
darren19822000 posted...
why on earth would MS of all people wanna miss out of a payday? someone didnt do their job and im sure was fired over this. that is a big chunk of money gone for nothing..

Not really, because they "fixed" it within a few hours.
Small window, and a lot of people were cheated out of it because they were at work, school, etc.
Proud Audiophile

User Info: trenthovis

trenthovis
4 years ago#9
ODomm posted...
trenthovis posted...

Wait, you're complaining about incompetence when it ends up rewarding you?
You are a sad, sad little man

not sure why this came off as a complaint to you. get to know me lmao

User Info: Moukaryuu

Moukaryuu
4 years ago#10
ODomm posted...
darren19822000 posted...

Not really, because they "fixed" it within a few hours.
Small window, and a lot of people were cheated out of it because they were at work, school, etc.

I just downloaded it not 10 minutes ago, so I'm not sure what fix you're talking about.
Joy puking my face off
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. So Microsoft is letting the map pack thing go. No bans, no reversals...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived