MS PR Responds

#21Xavier-HorovitzPosted 12/11/2012 7:26:03 PM
The_Madness posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...
Does this mean the people who got it free only have access through the 18th? Its obviously a lame cover up from a technical problem but the way I read it it looks like they might take it away after a week.

No it means you can now download it free until the 18th of december...

Actually, it sounds a LOT like they might try to screw us over and take it away.
---
PC "gaming" is NOT gaming, nor are you a gamer for doing it.
#22CKnightPosted 12/11/2012 7:26:24 PM
Lol at all the people posting the customer info. "Your all screwed."

When this first happened I thought of Tron Legacy.
#23ShiatsuMPosted 12/11/2012 7:29:02 PM
I might be reading the MS PR response wrong, but I think we have complimentary access up until the 18th of December. Once the 18th hits, we lose access to the maps and would have to either buy the map pack or the season pass to access it further.
#24Xavier-HorovitzPosted 12/11/2012 7:29:39 PM
ShiatsuM posted...
I might be reading the MS PR response wrong, but I think we have complimentary access up until the 18th of December. Once the 18th hits, we lose access to the maps and would have to either buy the map pack or the season pass to access it further.

Which is bulls*** and better not happen.
---
PC "gaming" is NOT gaming, nor are you a gamer for doing it.
#25SubZeroChief23Posted 12/11/2012 7:30:23 PM
I'm about to give chat another try. I tried earlier and got denied. They also had what seemed like automated messages saying they screwed up and it won't happen again so I know MS is lying now.

I'm 30 on the queue right now so I'm guessing I'm not the only one trying this.
#26ShiatsuMPosted 12/11/2012 7:31:00 PM
Well, I'm basing this on a sentence that is in the PR response. The PR response states that those who have the LE or bought the war games pass will not be affected by that date. I just feel that the PR response wouldn't include that sentence unless it was to say access to the maps is only temporary for those who got it for free. I'd like to hear your guys thoughts on this.
#27SterlingFoxPosted 12/11/2012 7:32:49 PM
The_Madness posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Apparently calling Xbox Support can get you a partial to full refund.

That's a lie... Those people are trolls saying that. Xbox Support in no way can give you a refund since they are not able to do so. It says it at the bottom of every piece of DLC, there are no refunds with this item.

I am active on several forums and know quite a few 343 and MS workers and no one has yet issued anything about refunds. I highly doubt some support staff usually in another country can magically credit your points back.

Oh me too! My best friend's cousin's girlfriend's father's brother-in-law's nephew's girlfriend's best friend is a microsoft employee!

On a "Let's stop playing pretend" note, I've had MS points refunded to my account before. They are indeed able to do so.
They credit them to your account as "promotional points", and the average support staff member is perfectly capable and allowed to issue them.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#28lnknprk_45Posted 12/11/2012 7:34:19 PM
pookiejin posted...
similar thing happend in Gears of War when certain people counld download Adam Fenix skin but didnt have the LE editions. codes were messed up. that is all. no one is banned and no one will be charged.

I think the thing with the Adam Fenix skin being accidentally downloaded had to do with the GoW3 branded controller, and when people redeemed the omen skin set that came with it. Redeeming the code before a certain date unlocked Adam Fenix for you, but it wasn't supposed to.

I thought the similar thing would be where they gave everyone a free map pack that contained the maps from the first DLC pack that was part of the Season Pass, essentially giving away content that was bought by people for free in the same way that Crimson maps are being given away free. I think 343 should have thrown in some weapon skins with the Crimson pack, and just gave the maps out as a thank you to early supporters. The people who actually paid for it would get their skins so that they don't complain...as much; in the same way that Epic gave the maps away, but the skins and unlockables were still exclusive.
#29StealthyVlad101Posted 12/11/2012 7:37:47 PM
Microsoft should have just said that they'll let the first map pack be free forever, and then add an additional map pack to the 3 already announced. That way people that got the first set free would still either have to buy a season pass for 2000 and get 3 new map packs, or pay 2400 for the 3 new ones individually.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#30The_MadnessPosted 12/11/2012 7:41:01 PM(edited)
SterlingFox posted...
The_Madness posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Apparently calling Xbox Support can get you a partial to full refund.

That's a lie... Those people are trolls saying that. Xbox Support in no way can give you a refund since they are not able to do so. It says it at the bottom of every piece of DLC, there are no refunds with this item.

I am active on several forums and know quite a few 343 and MS workers and no one has yet issued anything about refunds. I highly doubt some support staff usually in another country can magically credit your points back.

Oh me too! My best friend's cousin's girlfriend's father's brother-in-law's nephew's girlfriend's best friend is a microsoft employee!

On a "Let's stop playing pretend" note, I've had MS points refunded to my account before. They are indeed able to do so.
They credit them to your account as "promotional points", and the average support staff member is perfectly capable and allowed to issue them.

Uh, I actively speak to Frankie, David Ellis and others on another forum pal. They give you promotional points as part of other items, But they only refund you if you have been erroneously charged. Not because they made a mistake and made something that you paid for, free for some users. This is Xbox Support Staff, they don't have the ability to credit points back like that, so stop lying. Otherwise they would get in so much trouble.