MS PR Responds

#31StealthyVlad101Posted 12/11/2012 8:41:09 PM
SterlingFox posted...
The_Madness posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Apparently calling Xbox Support can get you a partial to full refund.

That's a lie... Those people are trolls saying that. Xbox Support in no way can give you a refund since they are not able to do so. It says it at the bottom of every piece of DLC, there are no refunds with this item.

I am active on several forums and know quite a few 343 and MS workers and no one has yet issued anything about refunds. I highly doubt some support staff usually in another country can magically credit your points back.

Oh me too! My best friend's cousin's girlfriend's father's brother-in-law's nephew's girlfriend's best friend is a microsoft employee!

On a "Let's stop playing pretend" note, I've had MS points refunded to my account before. They are indeed able to do so.
They credit them to your account as "promotional points", and the average support staff member is perfectly capable and allowed to issue them.

Uh, I actively speak to Frankie, David Ellis and others on another forum pal. They give you promotional points as part of other items, but they cannot refund you any points, nor will they.

This is Xbox Support Staff, they don't have the ability to credit points back, so stop lying.

Huh? They refund points all the time, they did it with Minecraft when it was found out that split screen didn't work on a non-HD TV. You went into the little support chat and they'd look up that you downloaded the game, and you could get a refund AND keep the game.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#32ThirtyThr33Posted 12/11/2012 8:41:42 PM
Xavier-Horovitz posted...
ShiatsuM posted...
I might be reading the MS PR response wrong, but I think we have complimentary access up until the 18th of December. Once the 18th hits, we lose access to the maps and would have to either buy the map pack or the season pass to access it further.

Which is bulls*** and better not happen.

Why, because widdowle baby wants to keep his free things?
---
Saving the whales-an agenda for some. Nuking them sits well with me.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#33The_MadnessPosted 12/11/2012 8:43:08 PM
StealthyVlad101 posted...
SterlingFox posted...
The_Madness posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Apparently calling Xbox Support can get you a partial to full refund.

That's a lie... Those people are trolls saying that. Xbox Support in no way can give you a refund since they are not able to do so. It says it at the bottom of every piece of DLC, there are no refunds with this item.

I am active on several forums and know quite a few 343 and MS workers and no one has yet issued anything about refunds. I highly doubt some support staff usually in another country can magically credit your points back.

Oh me too! My best friend's cousin's girlfriend's father's brother-in-law's nephew's girlfriend's best friend is a microsoft employee!

On a "Let's stop playing pretend" note, I've had MS points refunded to my account before. They are indeed able to do so.
They credit them to your account as "promotional points", and the average support staff member is perfectly capable and allowed to issue them.

Uh, I actively speak to Frankie, David Ellis and others on another forum pal. They give you promotional points as part of other items, but they cannot refund you any points, nor will they.

This is Xbox Support Staff, they don't have the ability to credit points back, so stop lying.

Huh? They refund points all the time, they did it with Minecraft when it was found out that split screen didn't work on a non-HD TV. You went into the little support chat and they'd look up that you downloaded the game, and you could get a refund AND keep the game.

That's an actual problem. Why would they refund you points because they messed up and others got the map pack for free? Think about it. Minecraft not working properly entitles you to a refund. You paying for something that was then erroneusly free for others only entitles you to an apology.
#34CHS_RICHPosted 12/11/2012 8:44:11 PM
I was given a full refund when my Xbox Live account was stolen. Reported it to MS, 1600 MS points and $250 worth of downloaded games. They told me to file a report with my bank. Got refunded by the bank and a month later was credited by MS $250 to my checkings account and 1600 MS points. They DO give refunds.
#35builder111Posted 12/11/2012 8:44:12 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I love the people who think this will actually hurt Microsoft.

They survived Vista, this isn't even a hiccup to them.

they also survived :cringe, shudder: Windows ME

this really is laughable though how is it a gift if I paid for it?
#36StealthyVlad101Posted 12/11/2012 8:45:25 PM
StealthyVlad101 posted...
SterlingFox posted...
The_Madness posted...

That's an actual problem. Why would they refund you points because they messed up and others got the map pack for free? Think about it. Minecraft not working properly entitles you to a refund. You paying for something that was then erroneusly free for others only entitles you to an apology.

That doesn't change that they DO have the ability to refund points, which you said they don't. Don't change what you meant now, and some people actually did get refunds earlier today and posted proof.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#37SunDevil77Posted 12/11/2012 8:48:00 PM
builder111 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
I love the people who think this will actually hurt Microsoft.

They survived Vista, this isn't even a hiccup to them.

they also survived :cringe, shudder: Windows ME

this really is laughable though how is it a gift if I paid for it?

Exactly. Worse things have happened, fellow Halo-ers.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#38The_MadnessPosted 12/11/2012 8:49:08 PM
NO THEY DIDN'T... They posted a screen cap of some support chat in a window saying they got MS points back. The fact no one on Xbox Support on twitter mentioned it, and no one from 343 Industries said they are giving refunds should clue you in no? These very same people also posted that people would be banned or that they would be charged and today MS says the packs are free.

And the people who refunded you your points are not Xbox Chat Support Staff, but conflict resolution managers who file a claim and that get's kicked up to their managers to approve. They wouldn't do it just so you don't feel a little ripped off that some people abused a pricing error.
#39Link43130Posted 12/11/2012 8:49:15 PM
So they're going to take the maps away next Tuesday?
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#40Link43130Posted 12/11/2012 8:49:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]