MS PR Responds

#41Ephidel88Posted 12/11/2012 8:49:46 PM
Xavier-Horovitz posted...
ShiatsuM posted...
I might be reading the MS PR response wrong, but I think we have complimentary access up until the 18th of December. Once the 18th hits, we lose access to the maps and would have to either buy the map pack or the season pass to access it further.

Which is bulls*** and better not happen.

You're right, it is BS!! How dare they allow you to continue playing maps you downloaded for free even though you weren't intended to be able to for a limited time, then require you to pay after that date to continue using them??

It better happen. It is the best solution, and is fair to everybody, as I have been saying over and over again.
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#42SterlingFoxPosted 12/11/2012 8:50:22 PM
The_Madness posted...
StealthyVlad101 posted...

Uh, I actively speak to Frankie, David Ellis and others on another forum pal. They give you promotional points as part of other items, but they cannot refund you any points, nor will they.

This is Xbox Support Staff, they don't have the ability to credit points back, so stop lying.

Huh? They refund points all the time, they did it with Minecraft when it was found out that split screen didn't work on a non-HD TV. You went into the little support chat and they'd look up that you downloaded the game, and you could get a refund AND keep the game.

That's an actual problem. Why would they refund you points because they messed up and others got the map pack for free? Think about it. Minecraft not working properly entitles you to a refund. You paying for something that was then erroneusly free for others only entitles you to an apology.

You just said that they can't refund points, but now you're saying "Well, er... uh... I mean, they CAN refund points, but..."
Your talking nonsense, and now you're actively admitting to it. Good show.

And yeah, Frankie's my brother-in-law. Me and him go to lunch with David Ellis, Josh Holmes, and Kenneth Scott every Tuesday. And I'm dating Jennifer Katherine Gates.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#43KanokarePosted 12/11/2012 8:50:32 PM
So in general, I could have saved money by not buying the season pass given that I got the free map pack. It doesn't affect me since I bought the LE for 52 dollars, but if I happened to buy the normal edition and season pass I would've been a bit ticked.
---
XBL / PSN / VITA - Kanokare
http://www.youtube.com/user/NOPEnterprise/videos
#44StealthyVlad101Posted 12/11/2012 8:51:15 PM
NO THEY DIDN'T... They posted a screen cap of some support chat in a window saying they got MS points back. The fact no one on Xbox Support on twitter mentioned it, and no one from 343 Industries said they are giving refunds should clue you in no? These very same people also posted that people would be banned or that they would be charged and today MS says the packs are free.

And the people who refunded you your points are not Xbox Chat Support Staff, but conflict resolution managers who file a claim and that get's kicked up to their managers to approve. They wouldn't do it just so you don't feel a little ripped off that some people abused a pricing error.

You now have absolutely zero idea what you are talking about, go call Frankie, he'll update you.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#45NovaLevossidaPosted 12/11/2012 8:52:11 PM
SubZeroChief23 posted...
Does this mean the people who got it free only have access through the 18th? Its obviously a lame cover up from a technical problem but the way I read it it looks like they might take it away after a week.

It very well is a cover up. If this was the intention, it would have been known before the map pass came out, and Microsoft wouldn't have been having to answer questions about the screw up while also taking the blame for it.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#46The_MadnessPosted 12/11/2012 8:53:28 PM
SterlingFox posted...
The_Madness posted...

Uh, I actively speak to Frankie, David Ellis and others on another forum pal. They give you promotional points as part of other items, but they cannot refund you any points, nor will they.

This is Xbox Support Staff, they don't have the ability to credit points back, so stop lying.

Huh? They refund points all the time, they did it with Minecraft when it was found out that split screen didn't work on a non-HD TV. You went into the little support chat and they'd look up that you downloaded the game, and you could get a refund AND keep the game.

That's an actual problem. Why would they refund you points because they messed up and others got the map pack for free? Think about it. Minecraft not working properly entitles you to a refund. You paying for something that was then erroneusly free for others only entitles you to an apology.

You just said that they can't refund points, but now you're saying "Well, er... uh... I mean, they CAN refund points, but..."
Your talking nonsense, and now you're actively admitting to it. Good show.

And yeah, Frankie's my brother-in-law. Me and him go to lunch with David Ellis, Josh Holmes, and Kenneth Scott every Tuesday. And I'm dating Jennifer Katherine Gates.

You should come post on HaloGAF over at NeoGAF sometimes. You'll run into them from time to time, not to mention you can PM them and they asnwer back. Plus you can add them on your twitter and actively talk to them.
#47xxBloodBathxxPosted 12/11/2012 8:54:27 PM
So, that's what we get for buying the season pass? Paying an extra 5$ for maps. Put down my money early to get a negative 25% discount!!!
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#48The_MadnessPosted 12/11/2012 8:56:12 PM
NO THEY DIDN'T... They posted a screen cap of some support chat in a window saying they got MS points back. The fact no one on Xbox Support on twitter mentioned it, and no one from 343 Industries said they are giving refunds should clue you in no? These very same people also posted that people would be banned or that they would be charged and today MS says the packs are free.

And the people who refunded you your points are not Xbox Chat Support Staff, but conflict resolution managers who file a claim and that get's kicked up to their managers to approve. They wouldn't do it just so you don't feel a little ripped off that some people abused a pricing error.

You now have absolutely zero idea what you are talking about, go call Frankie, he'll update you.

You are seriously clueless... Those guys claiming they got a refund. They are using an old picture they photoshopped to put their information in. Liveperson.net is not even a working link anymore. it becomes Liveperson.com

Also, quit being a jerk. You don't know who I am or who I know. If you want to talk to Frankie or David Ellis, come swing by the NeoGAF forums. The official Halo 4 threads. They post as "stinkles" and "lybertyboy"... You can pm them anytime.
#49CruorComaPosted 12/11/2012 8:56:46 PM
You mean I won't be charged MS points as I was repeatedly told yesterday? Quick, somebody stop the presses! Most people on GameFAQs don't know what the hell they're talking about.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#50StealthyVlad101Posted 12/11/2012 8:58:41 PM

You are seriously clueless... Those guys claiming they got a refund. They are using an old picture they photoshopped to put their information in. Liveperson.net is not even a working link anymore. it becomes Liveperson.com

Also, quit being a jerk. You don't know who I am or who I know. If you want to talk to Frankie or David Ellis, come swing by the NeoGAF forums. The official Halo 4 threads. They post as "stinkles" and "lybertyboy"... You can pm them anytime.

What? I don't think we are even talking about the same thing anymore.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad