Everyone who got Crimson Pack FREE will have it locked on the 18th

#111Mr_Fury32Posted 12/12/2012 9:07:00 AM
well as season pass holder i can say: GOOD, why should you get it for free when others paid for it? stop being cheap and thinking you deserve something for nothing when others have paid for it.
---
Playing: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS) CoD Black Ops II (X360) Waiting for: Lightnining Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (360)
#112kollie89Posted 12/12/2012 9:18:58 AM
Xavier-Horovitz posted...
It's really cute that you guys think I'm going to lose my case :3 I have an Aunt AND a cousin, both work at Micro$oft. Literally already spoke to them and they completely agree with me. My aunt took some convincing, but she sees the criminal side.

well dayum looks like its already a done deal
#113Rainey-kinsPosted 12/12/2012 9:22:06 AM
kollie89 posted...
It's really cute that you guys think I'm going to lose my case :3 I have an Aunt AND a cousin, both work at Micro$oft. Literally already spoke to them and they completely agree with me. My aunt took some convincing, but she sees the criminal side.

I know, right? I mean, not one, but TWO people working in one of the largest electronics companies in the world, and they both have a perfect working knowledge of the legal system that Microsoft has and is held to specifically relating to the ToS that Xavier here signed?! What a stroke of incredibly convenient luck!
---
Royal Rose
#114Waverunner1978Posted 12/12/2012 9:23:16 AM
This is all a bunch of BULL. Microsoft is gonna somehow "lock" content I downloaded fair and square on the marketplace that sits on MY hard drive?? What about the achievements I unlocked from this content?? They gonna somehow take those away on the 18th too?? HA good luck with that Microsoft!! Hilarious.
---
Gamertag - Rohnson
#115kollie89Posted 12/12/2012 9:26:49 AM
Rainey-kins posted...
kollie89 posted...

I know, right? I mean, not one, but TWO people working in one of the largest electronics companies in the world, and they both have a perfect working knowledge of the legal system that Microsoft has and is held to specifically relating to the ToS that Xavier here signed?! What a stroke of incredibly convenient luck!

^I like this guy
#116Rainey-kinsPosted 12/12/2012 9:29:24 AM
Waverunner1978 posted...
This is all a bunch of BULL. Microsoft is gonna somehow "lock" content I downloaded fair and square on the marketplace that sits on MY hard drive?? What about the achievements I unlocked from this content?? They gonna somehow take those away on the 18th too?? HA good luck with that Microsoft!! Hilarious.

De~ni~al!
It's easy for them to do. They can force you to accept an update that locks the content. It'll still be on your Xbox, but unusable. :T
As for Achievements, you'll prolley still have 'em, but the fact that you're so worked up makes me giggle a little.
---
Royal Rose
#117Sebek1777Posted 12/12/2012 9:34:11 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
What a sad, sad, sad excuse for a cover up.

December 10 on Waypoint blog:

We have new maps! Access them from the in-game store and buy it!

December 11 on Waypoint blog:

We ****ed up! Better release a statement saying that we intended you to have them as a trial even though they were listed as two different prices in different locations and that players would randomly get different prices for the map pack in the in game store depending if they rebooted their console! It was such a planned free trial period that we decided to announce it a day after it went live! Sorry to all of you who bought it through the Dashboard's marketplace and missed out on the trial. You should have been psychic enough to know about our upcoming trial! (Whew! Think they bought it, Mr. Gates?)

What an absolute joke.

Very much agreed. I actually laughed when I read the new Waypoint blog
#118Dave_is_my_namePosted 12/12/2012 9:36:45 AM
PC "gaming" is NOT gaming, nor are you a gamer for doing it..

Though everyone will call you out for being a pathetic tool with your 'lawsuit' threats, I just wanted to point out how moronic your signature is.
#119Abaddons_WrathPosted 12/12/2012 9:59:58 AM
More than likely it will just be switched over to the 800msp when the 18th rolls around and from then on it has to be bought.

MS will spend more trying to check and re-check, then "lock" content on who knows how many systems, than just eating the loss.

and this is why digital distribution is both good and bad, it's good because of ease of use and access. but bad because you are buying a LICENSE not a product. and upon purchase enter into an agreement that they can revoke at any time. (though usually it has to be justifiable)
#120Frost_LASERPosted 12/12/2012 10:07:01 AM
Waverunner1978 posted...

They can and have corrected gamerscore, although this is for people abusing game saves and modding I'm sure M$ could tweak a few things here and there to re-lock them from your account if they really wanted.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41/t/405732.aspx