Everyone who got Crimson Pack FREE will have it locked on the 18th

#121Rainey-kinsPosted 12/12/2012 9:10:28 AM
Abaddons_Wrath posted...
More than likely it will just be switched over to the 800msp when the 18th rolls around and from then on it has to be bought.

MS will spend more trying to check and re-check, then "lock" content on who knows how many systems, than just eating the loss.

and this is why digital distribution is both good and bad, it's good because of ease of use and access. but bad because you are buying a LICENSE not a product. and upon purchase enter into an agreement that they can revoke at any time. (though usually it has to be justifiable)

I think it's pretty cut-and-dry. Everyone's going to lose it, then LE, WGMP, and users with an 800 point transaction for the purchase of it will all regain access to the maps. How does that eat resources? I can write a simple Javascript code right now that does the checking, albeit in a simplistic fashion. :T
---
Royal Rose
#122Darkecho117Posted 12/12/2012 9:13:50 AM
This does no good for anyone. They could have spinned this as being free for everyone. Free maps could have gotten more people back playing this game with more maps and that would have benefited everyone imo.

Whatever, I'm not planning on buying the map packs and these free ones got me back playing Halo for a bit so I'll keep enjoying them until the 18th. Then we will see what happens I guess.
#123killacwalkaPosted 12/12/2012 10:47:45 AM
Darkecho117 posted...
This does no good for anyone. They could have spinned this as being free for everyone. Free maps could have gotten more people back playing this game with more maps and that would have benefited everyone imo.

Whatever, I'm not planning on buying the map packs and these free ones got me back playing Halo for a bit so I'll keep enjoying them until the 18th. Then we will see what happens I guess.

Except that a bunch of people have already payed for the maps at what was advertised as a bulk reservation at a reduced rate. Offering them for free would open up Microsoft and 343 to class action false advertisement and breach of contract lawsuits.
---
GT - Killa CWalka
Battletag - Killa#1291
#124deimos91Posted 12/12/2012 11:08:53 AM
LesserAngel posted...
infamous3668 posted...
if this is true I see this ending badly also... I actually paid for them and I have a bad feeling they're gonna lock me out as well

That what I'm afraid of as well... I mean, I agree with locking it out for the people that didn't pay, but I get the feeling they're gonna screw something up again.

everyone who didnt pay should get to keep the maps imo
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#125duericPosted 12/12/2012 1:52:19 PM(edited)
SnakeEyes170 posted...

that's not my point
point is, you shouldnt really be bragging about calling the complete obvious

People are still arguing it, even AFTER they announced what they're going to do.

So, obvious or psychic?

Also, here's an article from a reliable source that also states what was said in the OP.

http://kotaku.com/5967692/cant-download-halo-4s-crimson-map-pack-heres-what-you-do
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#126ultimatevysePosted 12/12/2012 1:53:42 PM
Sebek1777 posted...

Very much agreed. I actually laughed when I read the new Waypoint blog

Haha, you aren't the only one!
#127bd0g5Posted 12/12/2012 3:11:06 PM
They ****ed up, now they're ****ing up again by doing this. What a horrible company.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#128Veggie15(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 3:15:13 PM
I think I should go buy some 'preparation H' for most of the people in this topic..
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job.
Making sure it's crowded when you get there is.
#129McNabFishPosted 12/12/2012 3:45:09 PM
Xavier-Horovitz posted...
It's really cute that you guys think I'm going to lose my case :3 I have an Aunt AND a cousin, both work at Micro$oft. Literally already spoke to them and they completely agree with me. My aunt took some convincing, but she sees the criminal side.

Go read the XBL ToS
Re read your comments
Realise what an idiot you are
Never post on GameFAQs again
????
PROFIT!
---
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
#130MetaIGearRexPosted 12/12/2012 3:47:04 PM
Well I ain't paying for them.

So no one in my games will get to play them either.
---
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life." - Mickey Mantle