Everyone who got Crimson Pack FREE will have it locked on the 18th

#31Protoman_X38Posted 12/12/2012 12:01:52 AM
I'll say it again..... less people will now have the maps...

Nobody wins (even Microsoft, since a bunch of entitled people will be in an uproar).

Should of just refunded for the LE/Map Pass users.

Remember back in Halo 2 when the map packs would be free after awhile? That was nice...
---
567i3e7oe7klw5seksw5kjw5ejejetyjkretketkje5ykekeke,le6ulke3klke6ululeul
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif
#32MorbiosoPosted 12/12/2012 12:04:13 AM
Customer service fails if they take it back. As MS is American, they won't because they follow a Walmart-esque philosophy.

I assure you, on the 19th, I will still be playing this map pack. Your proof has been countered by agents saying the opposite. I feel bad for those people
#33SealedSevenPosted 12/12/2012 12:04:33 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
SealedSeven posted...
CobyFleener posted...
Rainey-kins posted...
CobyFleener posted...
I did pay for them. When i clicked confirmed purchase it said the price was 0 MS.

Is it in your billing history? :T

I don't know. The only reason why I decided to purchase it, was because they had it offered at 0 MS points.

If a company can offered a limited time deal, and I take advantage of said deal, why should I be punished. They made the decision to offer it at that price.

How are you being punished? You get to play the map pack for free for a week, then choose to buy it if you want later. This is still more of a reward/compensation then if it was 800ms for everybody to begin with.

It's kind of in the ballpark of false advertisement to put something up for free with no strings attached and then retroactively claim it was a limited time trial after the fact. That information needs to be presented up front, not afterwards. If they did decide to remove it somehow (and, again, it functions as intended with purchase / billing history as it was a 0 MSP item so it shows up in purchase history but not billing history, just as how every other free DLC works), it's a bad precedent and will have large backlash and public anger.

Then what about if they gave these maps free then, letting them keep it. You would think its better to false advertise to LE/Map Passers that PAID MONEY for a discount on the maps?
---
Soul Silver FC: 4684 0697 3217
My Rattata is in the top percentage of rattatas!!!!!
#34axemaster72Posted 12/12/2012 12:06:12 AM
CobyFleener posted...
Rainey-kins posted...
CobyFleener posted...
I did pay for them. When i clicked confirmed purchase it said the price was 0 MS.

I don't know. The only reason why I decided to purchase it, was because they had it offered at 0 MS points.

If a company can offered a limited time deal, and I take advantage of said deal, why should I be punished. They made the decision to offer it at that price.

Not an intentional decision.
---
Axemaster72 - Leader of CuRB & Dizzy Carmine
Now with 72% more Axe per post!
#35gabjrtPosted 12/12/2012 12:11:23 AM
I made a topic explaining what the people at MS told me they would do, which was something along the lines of this.... The first couple of replies were rage nerds calling me a troll. I hope they get screwed.
#36kjs7Posted 12/12/2012 12:11:57 AM
Protoman_X38 posted...

Remember back in Halo 2 when the map packs would be free after awhile? That was nice...

not sure why more companies dont just do this. Wait a few months, then make them free. Doesnt divide the community, and the people that need new content right away are satisfied with paying $10 for two months early access.
---
;)
Steam: goo.gl/2r6pC PSN: kschroen Xbox Live/Origin: Bobaliciousj
#37CobyFleenerPosted 12/12/2012 12:13:03 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
SealedSeven posted...
CobyFleener posted...
Rainey-kins posted...
CobyFleener posted...

How are you being punished? You get to play the map pack for free for a week, then choose to buy it if you want later. This is still more of a reward/compensation then if it was 800ms for everybody to begin with.

It's kind of in the ballpark of false advertisement to put something up for free with no strings attached and then retroactively claim it was a limited time trial after the fact. That information needs to be presented up front, not afterwards. If they did decide to remove it somehow (and, again, it functions as intended with purchase / billing history as it was a 0 MSP item so it shows up in purchase history but not billing history, just as how every other free DLC works), it's a bad precedent and will have large backlash and public anger.

---
Indianapolis Colts - Season Record 9-4
Next Game: Houston Texans
#38SmashingpmknsPosted 12/12/2012 12:13:38 AM
CobyFleener posted...
Rainey-kins posted...
CobyFleener posted...

Irrelevant.
---
http://i56.tinypic.com/erlcua.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/en18k.jpg
#39NovaLevossidaPosted 12/12/2012 12:14:36 AM
SealedSeven posted...
Then what about if they gave these maps free then, letting them keep it. You would think its better to false advertise to LE/Map Passers that PAID MONEY for a discount on the maps?

Yes. It's better to honor the mistake and not give compensation under the explanation that it was a mistake, the mistake has been corrected, and all future people downloading the map pack will have to pay.

However, LE / Map pass buyers also got some armor with their DLC, so there's still that bonus that makes up the price difference, subjective as that is. I would support giving the LE / map pass buyers an additional bonus over that as well. I would not suggest early access to the last two map packs for LE / map pass buyers because they can't get anything delivered digitally correct with Halo 4, no matter if it is Microsoft or 343 at blame.

However, it would still be better to honor the mistake than not honor it. It's a better business decision, as much as it affects the value of the LE / map pass.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#40CobyFleenerPosted 12/12/2012 12:16:21 AM
axemaster72 posted...
CobyFleener posted...
Rainey-kins posted...
CobyFleener posted...

Regardless of if it was intentional or not, they made the decision to have those maps advertised as 0 MS points. With no fore mention of a limited time offer, or a trial version of said maps.
---
Indianapolis Colts - Season Record 9-4
Next Game: Houston Texans