Everyone who got Crimson Pack FREE will have it locked on the 18th

#91ZamboniGamerPosted 12/12/2012 7:39:55 AM
This is great if true! Everyone was bragging how they got the Crimson pack for free and us season pass holders got robbed. Now the joke may be on them. Though have a hard time believing Microsoft with carry through with this.
#92bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 12/12/2012 7:58:40 AM
stlcardinals07 posted...
Smashingpmkns posted...
When did I ever say that I deserve it? I'm saying, realistically, they aren't going to lock it because it is literally impossible to track. Why do you think you deserve a refund when you knowingly bought something that is non-refundable? Jeez.

Because the map pass was advertised as a discount. The customer wasn't purchasing the maps, as they weren't available yet. What the customer was purchasing was a discount, only to find out later, that not only did they not pay a discounted value, they actually paid more for the product than everybody else. If the customer does not get a discount, Microsoft violated the contract of sale. Because the contract of sale was violated, the customer could theoretically sue for a full refund, but that would be ridiculous and counterproductive.

The map pass is $25. Buying all the maps would be $30. So it is a discount of $5.
---
Games I'm looking forward to: State of Decay, GTA V
Currently playing: Far Cry 3, Guardians of Middle Earth
#93CKnightPosted 12/12/2012 8:02:38 AM
They can take the maps, I wouldn't buy them. All 3 are pretty bad.

It's strange though that Capcom would eat $18 per download when PSN screwed up the pricing and made it's dlc free, for a game that sold far less than Halo 4 but MS can't.
#94MoukaryuuPosted 12/12/2012 8:06:09 AM
Fine with me. I had no nefarious intent when I downloaded it. I never planned on buying them in the first place, but for free, why not? Now they're going to lock down something I was barely going to use at all. OH NOES!!
---
Joy puking my face off
#95CobyFleenerPosted 12/12/2012 8:13:46 AM
People who are arguing that it was advertised as 800 MS have no idea what they are talking about. When you opened up "Xbox Live Marketplace" in the Halo 4 menu, it showed the map pack advertised as 0 MS points. It is no different than a bag of chips. If a store has said bag of chips advertised as $1, you can be damn sure that you will only pay $1 for them.

Also, you can't add stipulations to an already binding agreement. You just can't.

These maps are garbage, but regardless I will still have them for free come the 18th. Wait and see.
---
Indianapolis Colts - Season Record 9-4
Next Game: Houston Texans
#96BB52700Posted 12/12/2012 8:14:27 AM
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/

to all those saying they dont think Microsoft will actually lock the content, and that they will still have access to the maps after the 18th, use that link and read the "14 day Buy and Play" post. It is happening. deal with it. I got it for free, but who cares? Microsoft is backpedaling after initially saying it was a glitch and that we'd be able to keep it, but again,who cares? It gives you a chance to save 10 bucks if you dont like the maps. I enjoy them, and I enjoy the new extraction mode, so after my access gets blocked, I'll gladly fork over my 10 bucks. Quit acting like you're so entitled.
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#97ArcGuardPosted 12/12/2012 8:21:57 AM
CobyFleener posted...
Also, you can't add stipulations to an already binding agreement. You just can't.

Sure you can, if it was in the contract that you could add them at any point in time.

Also, as with stores such as Staples or Walmart, if the price tag says $1, and it rings up as $2, they'll probably give it to you for $1.

Not because they HAVE to, but because they WANT to make you happy as a customer. There is no binding legal contract saying they HAVE to sell you it at that price. (They just generally do, since it's good customer relations)
#98Rainey-kinsPosted 12/12/2012 8:43:43 AM
Just thought I'd add that people talking about lawyers? It's a $10 map pack, that you're willing to spend HUNDREDS ON A LAWYER FOR. That's... That's just freaking hilarious!! Glad to know you "legal types" know what you're doing. XDXD
---
Royal Rose
#99BeastlyIguanaPosted 12/12/2012 8:47:13 AM
Rainey-kins posted...
Just thought I'd add that people talking about lawyers? It's a $10 map pack, that you're willing to spend HUNDREDS ON A LAWYER FOR. That's... That's just freaking hilarious!! Glad to know you "legal types" know what you're doing. XDXD

They also make it sound like they might win against MICROSOFT. Microsoft could blow MILLIONS on a court case and not bat an eye, whereas it could cripple the average citizen.
---
Most of my messages are posted from an iPod Touch, so expect some spelling errors.
#100metalclashPosted 12/12/2012 8:48:48 AM
Moukaryuu posted...
Fine with me. I had no nefarious intent when I downloaded it. I never planned on buying them in the first place, but for free, why not? Now they're going to lock down something I was barely going to use at all. OH NOES!!

This essentially. Will I be mad that they false advertised? Yes. Will I buy the map pack? HELL NO SON. Absolute trash maps, I've noticed that most of the people who like them paid for them, which leads Mr to believe that they have to like them because they paid for them or they wasted their cash.
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.